Clothesline memories!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:47 PM

Oh my gosh. This all brought me back to my childhood and teen years really fast. The poem even brought a tear to my eyes for the times past when we could read our neighbors so well. Especially loved to talk to them when they were out doing the same.

I actually loved doing the hanging and taking in. Well let me justify that a little. I loved it during the warm summer. I grew up in Ammon outside of Idaho Falls Idaho. We hugh clothes out no matter the weather, except for a blizzard. Not so much fun doing it then.

I wish I could have a outside clothesline again. Perhaps I will look for a space to do that. I love my sheets to smell like the great outdoors. Now I might want to make sure I get them in, as we live in an area full of skunks that wander around during the darker times.

thank you for sharing that. I must send it to my 88 year old mom. She will get a great laugh out of it. She hated laundry day, which for her was Saturday except during the summer when she had two girls that could do it for her. She worked outside of the home - yes even in the 1950s and 60s.