clutterbug

Old 09-19-2010, 03:37 PM

Hello, fellow sufferers. My name is...and I admit to being a clutterbug.

There, I said it. And I'm glad!!

I am fighting myself to get rid of masses of clutter after DH passed away, since we had spent so many fun years buying "stuff". We were both good carpenters so put in closets and cabinets and drawers in the wall and shelves, then had fun stuffing them full of "stuff". Kids won't take any more, in fact I strongly suspect one comes to visit in a tiny, one seated car because of fears he'll be loaded up with "stuff."

GoodWill has been my best friend for some time now..but I'm still fighting myself. After all, I just "might need" it one of these days. Haven't needed it for quite a few years, but one never knows.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM

My hubby can't stand things laying around( except himself,LOL) and I"m just the opposite. It doesn"T bother me in the least. When I was young I cleaned and kept everything spotless, cooked good meals and kept them all in clean and ironed clothes. And I was a nervous wreck! When I had a nervous breakdown at the age of 40, my doctor said it was time I did what I wanted to do, for me. Just what I wanted to do. Boy, that was really hardd! But now I look at the dust and figure, what does it really matter , I can do it later. And it never looks too bad, just the counter in the kitchen. THat is where my PC is and that counter is a catch all. If I clean it in the morning, by suppertime it is full again. Relax!! Life is too short to sweat the little stuff.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:43 PM

Guilty. Not enough storage, not enough house. Only have small two bedroom house, husband has one I have the other.
We do own it though.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:06 PM

Ladies-------we are not clutterbugs. We are dedicated collecters.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:12 PM

I am worried I am raising my kids to be clutterbugs too. My house is not dirty... just full of stuff. I find that I usually only have one clean room at a time... because as soon as I start cleaning another one, the first one starts getting cluttered. I have great plans to get things organized, but then I get too busy doing something else I would rather do. I also have too small a kitchen... since I hate to grocery shop I do HUGE shopping trips and then have limited cupboard space to put the food. It takes a few weeks to use up just the stuff on the counters. I only run to the grocery store for milk and bread and do a large grocery trip about once a month. So, when the counters get clean, I know it is getting time to do another big grocery trip.

I do have to say that my fabric is the most organized part of my house. I think that is because it is in our guestroom and nobody but me goes in there, unless we have a guest.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

my husband is and lately i've caught it from him. why fight it?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:37 PM

I do have alot of clutter. I try to keep things nice looking, but I'm horrible at organizing unless I empty out the room and start from scratch(who wants to do that??). Alot of my clutter is hobby realted though. I hope that after I get my garage turned into a real room, that my problem will be solved.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:45 AM

I've always said I inherited my mother's piles. It must be genetic.
Old 09-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Raising my guilty hand here.