Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: coin purses with clasps

Blog Entries

coin purses with clasps

I want to make several coin purses with the metal frame and clasp. I have not been able to find a video on this other than one using the sewn in version and I want to use the glued in type of frame. If anyone knows where I can get info. about this I would appreciate your help

Blog Entries
    have you tried youtube, they have lots of info things.
    I was lucky enough to be gifted one of them.
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

You will definitely find a tut on you-tube. One of the ladies in my quilting group was doing one last month and she told me that she found all the necessary "know-how" on you-tube.

I am not able to give you a site to go to unfortunately but "google" will direct you.

Enjoy and show us the end result.

Blog Entries

coin purses with clasps

I did find one tut on You-tube but it was too vague for a rank beginner. I am sure you are right and there is exactly what I need somewhere on you-tube, I guess I just have to look harder. Thanks ladies, for trying to help
    Last edited by topstitch; 01-01-2016 at 05:30 AM.

I make the sewn in kind. Only difference I see is you glue it in instead of sewing. Seems messier and not as strong. Also I believe after its glued in you krimp with pliers. Be sure to cover with a scrap of fabric then krimp so you don't scratch the frame.
    Mary

This is the one I made for Lynnie. As you can see it is a sewn in one. They are not hard to make at all. Once you get the hang of it. Good luck. I have seen patterns for the glued ones online. I will search for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Crafty Gemini did a tute for a glued in clasp. The one she used was plastic but I imagine it would be similar for metal. Find her on YouTube.

Crafty Gemini is a very good teacher. I love her projects. She does one with Jenny from msqc.
    Mary

FlutterKat.com has a tute. Called Framed Purse tutorial. It is the glued in one and even tell the type of glue she used. It's the same way as the sewn in one except it is glued. Have fun.
    Mary

Quote Originally Posted by topstitch View Post
    I want to make several coin purses with the metal frame and clasp. I have not been able to find a video on this other than one using the sewn in version and I want to use the glued in type of frame. If anyone knows where I can get info. about this I would appreciate your help
    Maybe this one is helpful.

http://allforthispenny.blogspot.com/...-tutorial.html

http://www.craftpassion.com/2011/09/...oin-purse.html
    Last edited by slbram17; 01-01-2016 at 01:02 PM.

I saw a tutorial of a snap coin purse using 2 tape measure section (the retractable type) it looked easy, I don't recall where it was but it shouldn't be too hard to figure it out

really liking these cute little snap pouches...where can I purchase the plastic of metal frames??? Crafty Gemini has a great tutorial....appreciate any info....

I got my frames on e-bay. Not sure if amazon has them. Some places like JoAnns or Micheals might have them but they are like $3 each. I got a set of 5 for $4 and they had different colored pearl balls on them. Came from China with free shipping. The snap pouches are different than the metal framed coin purses. Snap pouches are cute and easy to make also,and you can use a cut up old metal measuring tape.
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    This is the one I made for Lynnie. As you can see it is a sewn in one. They are not hard to make at all. Once you get the hang of it. Good luck. I have seen patterns for the glued ones online. I will search for you.
    thank you for showing it off for me Mary. Didn't want everyone bugging you for one. I love it and my friends are jealous of it. It's MINE all mine!!! (and I love it so much!!!)
    put off till tomorrow what you can do today, and if you procrastinate long enough, you may never have to do it.

Lynnie you know me with pictures.lol. Sometimes they do help with what I'm saying. " A pictures is worth a 1000 words" is true.
    Mary