Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need instructions for attaching clasps or other closure to a bracelet.

Need instructions for attaching clasps or other closure to a bracelet.

I've purchased a few pretty pre-strung strands of beads, bracelet size, at Joann's but have no jewelry making experience. Can someone please tell me what supplies I will need or direct me to a YouTube video for instruction? I am a bracelet girl and could not pass up these pretties. They do me no good just sitting here in all their beauty. MANY THX!

I believe the pre-strung strands of beads are strung only for convenience of sale, not necessarily intended for wear. If you ask the sales people at JoAnn's, they should be able to tell you what you need to make a bracelet with those beads. I use Softflex or Beadalon wire with crimps (to attach closure/jump rings). You should be able to find all of these at JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby. You will need a crimping tool to attach the closure/jump rings. I hope this helps, have fun with your new bracelets!
    We cannot hold a torch to light another's path without brightening our own. ~Ben Sweetland

yes pre-strung strands of beads are strung only for convenience
    If you want it to stretch You need Stretch magic and Tye a square Knot or Surgeon's Knot and glue the knot .
    If you want a clasp you need a clasp, crimp beads, crimp pliers and jump rings (I prefer the spiral Jump rings like a tiny key ring it is more secure)

Sites - Artbeads, Fusion Beads and Fire Mountain Gems and Beads have many ideas.
    I am a material girl. Wanna see my fabric collection?
    Kathy

Blog Entries
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pHk64psvss

Leah Day does a great job explaining it.
    Mother yourself just as you would your own children, you will be surprised how much better you feel...Debbie Marie