Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Computer gurus- No sound on utube, any ideas??

Blog Entries

Computer gurus- No sound on utube, any ideas??

This morning I was doing some frozen shoulder exercises on utube when the phone rang. When I went to answer it, I used the 'mute' on the utube screen rather than open the Dell sound area. Now I have no sound on any utube videos. The computer is a relatively new Dell desktop with Windows 7 and inexpensive Dell speakers. They have worked fine until this morning - not very loud, but usable. I've done Dell's sound troubleshooting, but it couldn't identify the problem. ????

Blog Entries
    Have you tried restarting your computer?

Edit: Just went to Youtube to take a look. Couldn't find a "mute" there, but did find a slider associated with the sound icon. Sliding all the way to the left took the sound off; sliding back to the right turned it back on. (This is right below the picture, towards the left of the screen.)
    Last edited by Prism99; 04-08-2014 at 12:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    One other thing: my keyboard has 3 buttons for sound on the upper righthand side. If I hit the "mute" button on the keyboard, the computer stays mute until I hit the sound button next to it.

Sounds like it's a youtube specific issue vs a computer specific issue. Don't go to youtube very often so of no help for you there. Prism may have the answer for you though.

Blog Entries
    Prism, I love you. I must have hit the slider instead of the sound icon. You can mute the video by clicking on the megaphone. Thank you so much. I don't normally use utube but I found exercises for my shoulder and was very excited.