Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Conrad Murry trial

Am I the only one who wishes this whole thing would go away and give me my CNN news back. The only claim to fame the rest of the Jackson family has is that they show up at trials. They are all hanging onto the fame that their one son had. How many times do they want to sit and listen to his blurred recordings. Sorry a bunch of losers.

Blog Entries
    I wish they'd not show it hour after hour too

Blog Entries
    Yep I am so tired of all of it!!

Blog Entries
    I think it is just so sad.

I'm just as tired of Amanda Knox! Where is she now? Oh my what is she going to do tomorrow? Is she speaking Italian? Who cares?

It is sad but more and more we see those who the majority believe to be guilty in some way of causing a death literally get away with murder (OJ, Casy Anthony, and maybe this guy).It surley makes news and maybe that is why they televise it so much. I would rather not even hear about death as the world is full of enough depressing news. Just my opinion.....

Truly, CNN should stand for Constantly Negative News. I refuse to watch much of any news.. as it is all negative and creates a negative feeling within. I vote NO to it all.. and choose to skim our local newspaper for things I deem important, or Google things I specifically want to find info on. Life is too short to deal with all the crud that happens in this world on a 24/7 basis...

I couldn't believe that his lifeless body was shown on tv. Does the family need to see that? Does he not deserve some dignity?

I will be glad when It's over too.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda-in-iowa
    I couldn't believe that his lifeless body was shown on tv. Does the family need to see that? Does he not deserve some dignity?
    I agree, that was horrible. They could have shown it to the jury without everyone else seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
    Truly, CNN should stand for Constantly Negative News. I refuse to watch much of any news.. as it is all negative and creates a negative feeling within. I vote NO to it all.. and choose to skim our local newspaper for things I deem important, or Google things I specifically want to find info on. Life is too short to deal with all the crud that happens in this world on a 24/7 basis...
    I agree- I guess they are good if something is really happening, otherwise- can't you find some good news?????

There is at least one Good News website...

If you can, try to get the BBC news - you get a truly global perspective and you see how petty most of the stuff on CNN/HN really is.

The powers that be would rather keep everyone busy talking about the latest scandal, than have them get really MAD about the state the country is in.

Quote Originally Posted by athomenow
    I'm just as tired of Amanda Knox! Where is she now? Oh my what is she going to do tomorrow? Is she speaking Italian? Who cares?
    It funny how we're so interested in a lady who spent 4 years in an Italian jail proclaiming to be innocent, but the media spent all of 10 minutes discussing the West Memphis 3, who spent 18 years in a US prison and are innocent.

good for you!!!!
    dar :thumbup:

Can't stand CNN ever since I heard how they stretched the news on one of their stories to make the situation sound worse than it was. No the information about CNN did not come to me from another news station but someone involved in the area. Also got tired of the one sided political view. I think having news on 24/7 kinda burns people out as you get tired of hearing about the same news all day for days on end.

Quote Originally Posted by lisainmo
    Yep I am so tired of all of it!!
    So am I. That is WHY I don't watch the local new. I listen to CDs and quilt most of the days unless I am on the board. It is a really sad story. But it didn't surprise me when his death was announced. I was very sad to hear about Steve Jobs dying. That didn't surprise me either. That is a tough cancer to beat.

CNN nothing! I wish I could have Walter Cronkite back!! I would actually like to know whats happening in the world. 1 half hr a nite would be more than enough if all they ran was straight news -
    not blatantly biased, not blatantly open lies, not opinion, not editorialized anything, not what some idiot tweeted/utubed/emailed/texted was the "story you voted to hear", . I do not want to watch any trials unless I need to be sitting in the courtroom and have to watch from my seat.
    I am also sick to death of the steady stream of vitriol being poured out on casey anthony when its a slow (even by the non exisitent standards news now holds!) news day. Do I think she killed her kid? yes. trial is over, she beat the rap, people need to get their own lives now! If anyone hounding her is truely religious they know she'll still get hers in the end so give it up to God, and get it off the airwaves.
    somewhere in our country today a train derailed hauling fuel (?)- do you think I could find the story on TV?! and I'm not about to surf for info (this was of interest because a few yrs ago near here, a train derailed in a small town in SC, it was hauling very bad chemicals and people died and the town was shut down to get rid of the gas.)
    sometimes, if I'm up late I can catch the BBC world news and get some info, mostly I watch John Stewart for the closest thing to news on TV! and his show is a comedy show! not the real news for crying out loud! sharet

Blog Entries
    It just goes on and on - how tiresome!

I rarely watch tv so haven't really heard much about it. And when I do watch it is usually quilting shows or HGTV.
    I get my news off the internet and it has been mentioned a few times, but I can choose to read it once and move on!

Quote Originally Posted by arimuse
    CNN nothing! I wish I could have Walter Cronkite back!! I would actually like to know whats happening in the world. 1 half hr a nite would be more than enough if all they ran was straight news -
    not blatantly biased, not blatantly open lies, not opinion, not editorialized anything, not what some idiot tweeted/utubed/emailed/texted was the "story you voted to hear", . I do not want to watch any trials unless I need to be sitting in the courtroom and have to watch from my seat.
    I am also sick to death of the steady stream of vitriol being poured out on casey anthony when its a slow (even by the non exisitent standards news now holds!) news day. Do I think she killed her kid? yes. trial is over, she beat the rap, people need to get their own lives now! If anyone hounding her is truely religious they know she'll still get hers in the end so give it up to God, and get it off the airwaves.
    somewhere in our country today a train derailed hauling fuel (?)- do you think I could find the story on TV?! and I'm not about to surf for info (this was of interest because a few yrs ago near here, a train derailed in a small town in SC, it was hauling very bad chemicals and people died and the town was shut down to get rid of the gas.)
    sometimes, if I'm up late I can catch the BBC world news and get some info, mostly I watch John Stewart for the closest thing to news on TV! and his show is a comedy show! not the real news for crying out loud! sharet
    Have to agree with ya!

Quote Originally Posted by harvsstuff
    Am I the only one who wishes this whole thing would go away and give me my CNN news back. The only claim to fame the rest of the Jackson family has is that they show up at trials. They are all hanging onto the fame that their one son had. How many times do they want to sit and listen to his blurred recordings. Sorry a bunch of losers.
    I was dismayed to see a cheap commerical for Party City playing a Michael Jackson song during the news coverage for the trial. His loser family is still making money off of Michael. Bunch of hypocrites.

I've pretty much stopped watching any news. Every story is negative and I think it affects the watcher/listener in a negative way.

Blog Entries
    Just wait until you see the next People Magazine. They go all out for dead people.

Agree, enough is enough. There is too much sensationalism by the media on crime. I wish they would spend more time concentrating on some good news for a change.

When my husband complains about all the politics and trial reruns 24/7, I just tell him to watch the Food Channel!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast