covid vaccine in iowa

Old 01-26-2021, 04:46 PM

Not sure about IA, but in KS I spent about a week on the computer expressing interest (only way you can get onto the sites when they don't have vaccine available) on the next door neighbor county (where my docs are), 3 hospital websites and even the next state over (live on the KS/MO line)--basically what that did was get me in their system to be notified when they had more vaccine and then I would ahve to pursue getting on their appt. lists. My own county had a FB posting letting us know that they would be taking phone appt. yesterday. I spent 3 hours hitting redial until I finally got a person and got us appt. for next Monday. Not a great system to use! I think at this point, with vaccines still short supply, that you need to actively pursue all county health departments in surrounding area, all hospitals websites and if they are in your area pharmacies, getting on their interest lists too. Right now getting the vaccine takes some active focus as still too few available. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
I talked to my cousin yesterday, and her county has nothing about the vaccine yet. She has health issues besides being older. Four of her cousins in her town have had the covid. She said she should come to FL. for the winter, and have the vaccine. LOL

No, please don’t come here. It is only offered to residents now.