Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crocheted Ruffle Scarves

Thanks for sharing that DonnaC, I like it even better than crocheting one!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Have you all seen this yet?

http://www.redheart.com/free-pattern...sy-chain-scarf

Red Heart posted the pattern on their Facebook page yesterday... I ran and grabbed a skein of ruffle yarn and made one, and I'm wearing it today! It's so cool and FAST. They tell you to do the chain using only your fingers, but I used a very large crochet hook (one of the huge plastic ones).
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by patchsamkim View Post
    I have the yarn...am more of a knitter than a quilter, but am going to watch the video to see if I can learn how to do the crocheted one...I know it will go faster...and probably is easier than trying to knit with this yarn.
    I've knitted and crocheted them. I actually prefer the process of the knitting, but the look of the crochet. Although, I did do some in stockinette stitch and really liked them because they lay flat and the ruffles cascade nicely back and forth across the front of the scarf.
    Attached Images Attached Images

While at WalMart today I found the sashay yarn and made one for my DGD.
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
    Have you all seen this yet?

http://www.redheart.com/free-pattern...sy-chain-scarf

Red Heart posted the pattern on their Facebook page yesterday... I ran and grabbed a skein of ruffle yarn and made one, and I'm wearing it today! It's so cool and FAST. They tell you to do the chain using only your fingers, but I used a very large crochet hook (one of the huge plastic ones).
    Can you post yours? Would love to see it! Thanks for sharing something new and quick in time for Xmas!
    Linda

I bought some of this yarn at Walmart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2 View Post
    Thanks for the website and yours are beautiful! I saw a lady wearing one and I though it was so pretty! Do you think walmart has that yarn?

Blog Entries
    I agree with sewmom, I'm not a fast knitter and I have done three lately. They only take one ball and a couple of hours.
    Gave my daughter one yesterday even though we are into summer.

I'm making them too. They are so pretty and quick to make.

yes walmart has that yarn called sashay yarn...
    hugs
    quiltinmama

Power Poster
    Thanks...I love the look of those....

a friend of mne was here yesterday with some of this yarn and written instructions on how to knit with it. as I am not much of knitter we just could not figure it out. will get her over to look at the link to crochet it. thank you....

I have made several, some for me and some for gifts. I first thought I would crochet them because I have been crocheting most of life, but I also tried knitting them and found it was much easier for me to knit them. So quick and easy. Love it!
    Laurlyn
    Innova 26" w/LS

Wal Mart had it here a while back, not sure if they still do and it is a family super center so not as big as the bigger supercenters..

does anyone know of a video for the knitted one. am having my friend over later to see the crochet one.

There are great videos showing both methods. I just arrived home to Wash. state from Ariz. Flew out of Las Vegas. I brought my crochet hook & a cpl. of skeins of Sashay yarn (same as Starbella?). I started a black & white one at the airport & finished it on the flight to Seattle.
    The young woman sitting next to me asked if she could watch how to do it. She had just bought it for her dtr. thinking her dtr. could do it more easily than she could. Once she watched how simple it is, she was now inspired to try it herself. I've made sev. now so I sure hope the girls I plan to give them to will like & use them.
    They must be very popular since WalMart sold out of the yarn. They have it for $4.97 while I've seen it other places for $6.98.

Hi ladies! Here's a picture of the chain scarf I made from the instructions on the Red Heart website. Actually, you don't really need instructions - just take the skein of ruffle yarn and crochet a chain until you run out of yarn, leaving about 5" at each end to tie it together (the knot goes at the back of your neck when it's worn). The Red Heart directions tell you to just use your fingers to crochet the chain, but I used a very large plastic hook.

Nice job Donna!

I hadn't knitted in 45 years and had only learned the basics back then. I watched the YouTube video of the Starbella scarf and was able to knit one in a few hours. The crocheted one looked more confusing to me and I know how to crochet.

I've got the yarn for several more of these ... our Walmart has the yard but it's so popular it's hard to get it now.
    Lisa L.
    Howdies from Possum Trot (yes it does exist)
    My most recent swap - Boomerang 16

I got my yarn and started one last night. I am doing the way where you pull a thread through 14 stitches held on the crochet hook. I found it kind of hard getting through all them without catching a loop so I got my Knit Picker tool out and slide that along the big crochet needle, inside the loops, and it catches and locks the thread so I can pull it back through easily.
    CAS

It took me about 45 minutes to make one.

I've made the knitted ones and ran out. Everyone wanted to buy 1 for themselves and for a gift. Now I have to start over 'cos I have orders for next year already.

I also found starbella and sashay yarn at knitting-warehouse.com. Their prices were better and their shipping reasonable.

Blog Entries
    I made 15 of them but knitted them cause I don"t know how to crochet. It was fun to do while watching TV. Took 2 nights to make one.

Does the Red Heart Sashay come in pieces? Mine is tied in a knot about every three ruffles, and it looks like the label was taped.
    CAS

I watched the video and she made it look so easy. I sat down and in a few hours I had one to wear to work the next day. All the ladies were impressed and wanted one also.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Does the Red Heart Sashay come in pieces? Mine is tied in a knot about every three ruffles, and it looks like the label was taped.
    No! You should return it. I got the same kind at my wal-mart and it was just fine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast