Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: CSI television show

CSI television show

We haven't had a tv for years and years but we enjoy our old favorite programs on dvd or streamed. But I think it is time for something new

I looked on Ebay/Amazon last night (based on so many saying they were sewing and watching CSI)

there is a series that seems to be the original Crime Scene Investigation but there is also
    CSI Miami and CSI New York. And only one of them seems to have a boxed set which I prefer.

Any opinions on what to start with? Or are there better mysteries?

CSI Miami and CSI New York are spinoffs from original CSI if that influences your decision.

Blog Entries
    I used to watch all three.

As gramajo said Miami and NY are spin offs. In a couple seasons they had episodes where all three were linked.

I stopped watching the Miami one. The story line was getting convoluted and I was not enjoying it.

I really liked some seasons of the original series, others not so much.

I liked the NY series the best.
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

No, just wondering if either are dogs. Can't imagine Gary Sinise in a dog though!

Miami Vice was on when we used to have tv, I'm afraid my dislike for the whole show might influence me re: the CSI Miami, which wouldn't be fair.

So just asking maybe what it was you liked. We like a little humor. And no need for massive blood spatter. Some of our english favorites seem to avoid any blood at all. I'm always telling Rob "they wouldn't look like that!" because I have a billion years of reading mysteries under my hat
    Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-29-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Blog Entries
    Oh no, you mentioned English shows.

I love English TV series. I find the story lines to be much more interesting.

Endeavour
    Morse
    Inspector Lyndley Mysteries
    Father Brown
    Lewis
    Call the Midwife
    Ripper Street - I have just started to watch on Netflix
    Scott and Bailey
    Midsommer Mysteries
    Luther - a bit creepy, but incredible
    Any British Sherlock
    Miss Marple
    Poirot

I can go on and on.

Have you seen any of the Murdock Mysteries It takes place in Victorian Toronto? It is a Canadian show, I believe it has been released in the US as The Artful Detective? The current episodes can be viewed at
    http://www.cbc.ca/murdochmysteries/episodes/
    Attending University. I will graduate a year after my son and year before my daughter.

I haven't seen any of these, thank you.
    Father Brown
    Call the Midwife
    Scott and Bailey

I hesitated for years on Foyle's War, and then ate it up, way good, everyone in it
    Brokenwood is a New Zealand series, most excellent.
    Neither one of us cared much for Longmire
    I like the Inspector Dalgleish ones. A little dated but long stories, great for a rainy afternoon.
    other favorites, Campion, Nero Wolfe, Cadfael, and New Tricks.

Edited to add: England isn't a very big country, which really comes home when you watch a lot of their mysteries. Our favorite game is "Oh she has scowled at us before", or where did he menace us before" and so on
    Off to check the cba site, full episodes are available? Amazing.
    Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 12-29-2015 at 01:36 PM.

I liked the original CSI a lot. But loved, loved CSI Miami and was very disappointed when it was cancelled. Didn't care too much for New York as it seemed just too dark most of the time.
    Talking about cop shows, I also really like Criminal Minds.
    NCIS is also wonderful, but then I have a secret love affair with Mark Harmon.

...oh, I really liked longmire ...I understand it is playing somewhere, but where I cannot access it! Criminal minds has really gotten too gory.....is csi cyber gone now too?

Maybe it was NCis I was thinking of, will check it out, thanks!
    Tothill every program I've tried on a cbc comes up with the announcement that that program is not available.
    I wonder if it is only available to Canadian ISPs?

Blog Entries
    There's one from Australia called "The Doctor Blake Mysteries" that i really like. And, Belfrybat, I too have a secret love affair with Mark Harmon.

on review I think it was the NCIS series I was thinking of. If we all had our brains we'd be invincible.
    QuiltsRfun, I have Dr. Blake in my cart at Amazon to remind me of it, it hasn't been released for our DVD players yet.
    Same with the 2nd season of Brokenwood.

Love to have things to look forward to!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    on review I think it was the NCIS series I was thinking of. If we all had our brains we'd be invincible.
    QuiltsRfun, I have Dr. Blake in my cart at Amazon to remind me of it, it hasn't been released for our DVD players yet.
    Same with the 2nd season of Brokenwood.

Love to have things to look forward to!
    I found Dr. Blake on YouTube, all three seasons. Need to look for Brokenwood.

Blog Entries
    I love Murdoch Mysteries! I watch it on Netflix!
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Hummm, well I think most who've watched NCIS have a secret 'thing' for Mark Harmon; I'm right there with you! Gorgeous guy! Lucky Pam.
    And I imagine CSI:Cyber will be back on in January. They either dump a lot of the normal shows for the holidays and come back with new story lines in Jan. I hope so anyway. Most of what I like is almost all on CBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
    NCIS is also wonderful, but then I have a secret love affair with Mark Harmon.
    Same here!
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post

. . . .

Have you seen any of the Murdock Mysteries It takes place in Victorian Toronto? It is a Canadian show, I believe it has been released in the US as The Artful Detective? The current episodes can be viewed at
    I wish I could watch Murdoch! I watched a couple of episodes while visiting my sister in Indiana, but, alas, it is not available here in Los Angeles. I tried watching it on the above site, but got the message "This content is unavailable."
    "I keep my end tables full of needlework and quilting so I don't have to dust them." ~ Author Unknown but I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Evie View Post
    I wish I could watch Murdoch! I watched a couple of episodes while visiting my sister in Indiana, but, alas, it is not available here in Los Angeles. I tried watching it on the above site, but got the message "This content is unavailable."
    I checked Amazon and they have the Murdoch Mysteries
    http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_3nhbpwslyk_b

I was a CSI in real life down in Florida and I enjoyed the original CSI (LasVegas) but they kept changing the main guy so quit watching it. Watched CSI Miami but found it to be too gruesome and violent and more on the red head than what CSI is all about. I did enjoy the CSI NY and am still able to watch reruns on my cable.
    Suz in Iowa
    Designer EPIC, Brother XR3140
    Babylock Evolve, Innova 26" LS, MQR
    ProQ Designer, EQ7, Embird

Blog Entries
    Oh I am sorry you cannot watch Murdoch Mysteries. It is also available on Netflix in Canada, but I know Canadian and American Netflix are different.

I know there are shows that stream on US network websites that are not available in Canada.

Off subject, but since you are watching via DVD or streaming - you can also check DVD's out from your local library. If they don't have a particular title/series, you can request it and the library can get it from another library.

Quote Originally Posted by Tothill View Post

Endeavour
    Morse
    Father Brown
    Lewis
    Call the Midwife
    Scott and Bailey
    Midsommer Mysteries
    Any British Sherlock
    Miss Marple
    Poirot

I can go on and on.

Love all those shows. One of the detectives on Scott and Bailey wears a gold baby bumblebee necklace. I always admired it and last Christmas my hubby got me one exactly like it from a jewelry store in London! He googled the actress and found out that it is her personal necklace she insists on wearing and now I have one too. He is a keeper.
    Sandra

Love Netflix, no commercials and cheap tv!
    British: Call the Midwife, Monarch of the Glen, Last Tango in Halifax, Peaky Blinders, Keeping Up Appearances, the Bletchley Circle, Rosemary and Thyme, The Paradise and Land Girls.
    American: Longmire, The 100, Bloodline, Madam Secretary, One Tree Hill
    Canadian: Strange Empire (western type show but focuses on women)
    You guys have given me some new ones to try!

Quote Originally Posted by ladydukes View Post
    Off subject, but since you are watching via DVD or streaming - you can also check DVD's out from your local library. If they don't have a particular title/series, you can request it and the library can get it from another library.
    libraries are never off subject in my world! We have a tiny library, and I have to pay to get them brought in from other libraries. I do donate a lot to ours, and what they can't use goes into a huge Mother's Day book sale. I always go with two grocery bags but our little downtown flooded a few weeks ago, and our library, city hall, police station and post office are basically gone. I have no idea when we will get any of them back up and running

Quote Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post
    libraries are never off subject in my world! We have a tiny library, and I have to pay to get them brought in from other libraries. I do donate a lot to ours, and what they can't use goes into a huge Mother's Day book sale. I always go with two grocery bags but our little downtown flooded a few weeks ago, and our library, city hall, police station and post office are basically gone. I have no idea when we will get any of them back up and running
    That's awful! Did the library lose all the books? If so I have several whole sets/almost whole sets of authors I would be glad to mail to the library when it's up and running. I can't imagine not having a library to go to!

Blog Entries
    I liked the original CSI the best. My sister watched Call the Midwife and loved it, I have never seen it. She also loved Downton Abbey. They are both on my lost to check out. My SIL highly recommended Breaking Bad. Never seen that either.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast