That Darned Cat!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
My first time having an inside kitty. I didn't know they shed so much. Got this sticky roller thing yesterday to clean off her twin size bed...then just started rolling it over the cat! Man, I could stuff a kings size mattress with all that fur twice a week :shock:
Was a 180 sheets in that package. Must have used 30 since last night!
your kitties sound like a hoot! I keep my sew-cave door closed.
Ask Boo what she did with your foot...but like most cats when questioned: they don't say a mumbling word! :roll: :lol:
hee hee I call mine the "She Cave".. Trevor has a "man cave" so why can't I have a "she cave"???? he pretended to be all sooky the other day when i told him the name of my room and said 'geez, you can't be original can you??? Why is it that a woman got to have the same thing a man does"!!! hee hee
Old 03-22-2010, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yes, I use a comb also and they love it. I get enough hair to make new kittens, but with these trouble makers....who wants MORE????

Yours is really cute...a stinker....but cute!
Definitely a stinker! She is sleeping on couch and looks like a little angel, as soon as her eyes open, it's all "fun" for her. She is around 2 yrs old and still a little kitten.

It's funny that others have multiple cats and it seems the girl cats are the ones who cause more mischeif than the boys! LOL
Old 03-22-2010, 06:45 AM

My babies are liter mates, 5 years old. My female is the more playful one, male is a great big scarity cat. If you are in the Sewing Studio they will come greet you and even stay while you are here. BUT if you come in the rest of the house they hide, especially Reggie. They are scared of storms too. Never had cats that were afarid of a storm. They start hiding when it starts raining. Go figure.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:00 AM

What fun cat stories to read. I had two cats and I miss them but reading about the hair, hair balls and mischief that they get into makes me glad I only have the dog and husband at home.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:45 PM

Here is my poor boy Leon, this is about as far as he will go most of the time. He is the weirdest cat I have ever owned, he is a big chicken. He is afraid of my boxers but ok with my little dog. He has refused to have any other cat in the house, I have tried 3x's, even keeping one for a whole year and ended up finding him another home because of Leon.
Leon lives for the most part on the top floor (3 story townhouse) in the two master bedrooms. I feel real bad for him but figure it is his choice to live like that. He sleeps at my feet at night and hides most of the day. He is 8 now and has the most lonely life I have ever seen. I have always had cats and have been an ACO and even fostered never had any problems bringing in another cat.
The last couple of years he has stopped covering up his poop and ends up stinking up the whole top floor. He is an indoor cat but I have thought about letting him outside this summer to put a little excitement in his life. We do have wild animals here and so I would worry about him alot and would hope everyday he comes home and comes home safe. He has all of his claws, I don't believe in declawing unless it is nessesary and he has always used his cat stand to claw on. My poor baby, what's a mom to do.

Leon
[ATTACH=CONFIG]23507[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-23507.jpe  
Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 PM

Oh, poor Leon. He looks just like our cat Tigger that we had when I was a kid. Tigger was a bit neurotic too. Please be careful if you take him outside. My sister has lost more cats than I want to think about to the coyotes in her area.

Maybe Leon isn't really lonely, but prefers to be alone. Just give him lots of love. :D :D :D
Old 03-22-2010, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Oh, poor Leon. He looks just like our cat Tigger that we had when I was a kid. Tigger was a bit neurotic too. Please be careful if you take him outside. My sister has lost more cats than I want to think about to the coyotes in her area.

Maybe Leon isn't really lonely, but prefers to be alone. Just give him lots of love. :D :D :D
He gets as much love as he will allow me to give.
I am afraid to let him out but he needs some excitement in his life, something that will keep him young and healthy. Living up there with nothing to do but sleep all day can not be healthy for him. He was never a player (did not like toys too much).
He has recently started not eating every meal, not sure what that is all about but will keep an eye on him.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Here is my poor boy Leon, this is about as far as he will go most of the time. He is the weirdest cat I have ever owned, he is a big chicken. He is afraid of my boxers but ok with my little dog. He has refused to have any other cat in the house, I have tried 3x's, even keeping one for a whole year and ended up finding him another home because of Leon.
Leon lives for the most part on the top floor (3 story townhouse) in the two master bedrooms. I feel real bad for him but figure it is his choice to live like that. He sleeps at my feet at night and hides most of the day. He is 8 now and has the most lonely life I have ever seen. I have always had cats and have been an ACO and even fostered never had any problems bringing in another cat.
The last couple of years he has stopped covering up his poop and ends up stinking up the whole top floor. He is an indoor cat but I have thought about letting him outside this summer to put a little excitement in his life. We do have wild animals here and so I would worry about him alot and would hope everyday he comes home and comes home safe. He has all of his claws, I don't believe in declawing unless it is nessesary and he has always used his cat stand to claw on. My poor baby, what's a mom to do.
Ugh. Your picture of Leon made my heart skip a beat ~ he looks just like my first baby, Chloe. Had her for 16+ years. Dang, I miss that cat.....

I love the name Leon and my guess is he's as happy as a pig in mud to be ruling the roost in his own way!
Old 03-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Originally Posted by Boxer mom
Ugh. Your picture of Leon made my heart skip a beat ~ he looks just like my first baby, Chloe. Had her for 16+ years. Dang, I miss that cat.....

I love the name Leon and my guess is he's as happy as a pig in mud to be ruling the roost in his own way!
I hope you are right, I just feel so bad for him sometimes.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 AM

A dry sponge or a bounce fabric sheet works well too. when we are traveling one of our cats sits on my lap. I use the sponge on my jeans before I get out of the car so I look somewhat presentable. LOL.