Daytona 500

Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 AM

We are wintering close to the race track. We've gone for several years, but chose to watch on tv this year, but did watch the jets fly over after the National Anthem. We were pulling for Jr., but since he couldn't win, what a birthday present for the 20 yr. old.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 AM

My daughter is still excited that Trevor Bayne won the race! She has decided that she is going to cheer for him because they share a birthday! He turned 20, she turned 10!!! She thought him winning was great birthday present!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Banned

Now that's what I call a good race! Hated to see so many taken out in the big wreck, but Nascar has made the changes because it's what the "fans" want to see. I live smack dab in the middle of NASCAR country and have 1 shop about a mile from my house, Ryan Newman is a close by neighbor, Dale Jr lives about 5 miles from us (it's still weird to see him at the grocery store buying milk :)and several others go to my church. I still love racing as always, it just makes it so much more fun when you know some of them!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:55 AM

I loved the finish. Great for a kid who helped others out all day - pushing them.
Missed the celebration though - had the flu.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Yes watched it and I'm a big Tony and Dale JR fan. BTW I also made the two blocks to send to Stewy - don't worry I double checked everything as I was sewing lol.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:26 AM

I did watch it! How about Trevor Bayne? Such a fresh, wonderful spirit and seems like a really nice young man. My hubby is a Tony Steward fan. My favorite seems to change from week to week. I like Mark Martin because he's older -- but I kinda wish Jr. could have won yesterday. I thought he and Tony would have a chance there at the end.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by oldmountaincrafts
Now that's what I call a good race! Hated to see so many taken out in the big wreck, but Nascar has made the changes because it's what the "fans" want to see. I live smack dab in the middle of NASCAR country and have 1 shop about a mile from my house, Ryan Newman is a close by neighbor, Dale Jr lives about 5 miles from us (it's still weird to see him at the grocery store buying milk :)and several others go to my church. I still love racing as always, it just makes it so much more fun when you know some of them!
Lucky you! Can I come visit you???
Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by drdolly
Love Nascar racing. My favorite all time driver was Davey Allison, now it is Jeff Gordon. My dh and I love watching these races. I also like cheering for Jr., it seems he can't get a break. Have been trying to get to one of the racetracks each yr.
For your first in person race I would suggest Bristol night race, or Martinsville. It used to be that you couldn't get tickets to either Bristol race but with the ecomony you can get them now. The short tracks are so awesome, you are on the "side of a bowl" and the noise is intense and you can see the whole track and it is just awesome. I am one of the lucky ones who has always had tickets, most times I go but everyonce in a while life gets in the way and I gift them to my Dad and his wife or one of my friends or sisters. I have been to Dayton twice and don't really like it because you cant see the cars half of the time. It is way too big of a track.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Power Poster

Quite a race. Was hoping for Jr. Quite something to have a rooky win like that.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Everyone in my family is Jimmie Johnson.. All but me. Go TONY>>