Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
AQS Daytona 2017 >

AQS Daytona 2017

AQS Daytona 2017

Old 09-29-2017, 11:15 AM

Default AQS Daytona 2017

Hello All,

Has anyone gone to the AQS Daytona Quilt Week? I am thinking of going for 2018 and planning ahead but cannot find any information for the past quilt week
events. I typically go to Paducah and know it's a very large event. I am curious of the amount of vendors who attend and is the facility and area easy to get around. I'm not able to see who the vendors are on the AQS site yet. Any information on your experience there is much appreciated.

Thanks all
Old 09-29-2017, 01:07 PM

Are you sure the event is still on after the recent hurricanes? You're talking about Daytona in Florida, right?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:17 PM

Darlene, I live near Daytona and have been to the show both years they have had it. I enjoyed it, but since I have not been to other shows, I can not compare it. I did take 3 classes the first year, and am hoping to in 2018 - I am waiting for the list to be published. The Ocean Center, where it is held, is a very nice place and has parking adjacent to it. They are open now and did not suffer any damage from the hurricane.
http://www.oceancenter.com/
I don't know how many vendors are there, but I did go 3 days and enjoyed it throughly.
Are you thinking of staying across the street at the Hilton? I remember seeing lots of ladies crossing the streets with their tote bags, so I think you would feel safe.
I don't know if I have helped much, but let me know if you have any questions.
Georgia
Old 09-30-2017, 03:57 PM

I would go into AQS and search it out. I may attend also on my way to see my son in Ft. Myers. I think there is one in Miami also.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:06 PM

I live about a mile from the Ocean Center. It was not damaged in the recent hurricanes and is open for events. The area is very easy to get around. it's located on the beachside across the street from the ocean. There are lots of hotels and motels in the area, most with easy access to the beach. There is a large parking garage and lot so parking is not a problem. I've walked to it both times it was here. Lots of restaurants close by and if you're feeling adventurous, only a few blocks from Main St and the biker bars. it's right after the Daytona 500 so there are usually still a lot of tourists in town. I haven't been to many other big shows but there were lots of vendors.