DDM

Old 09-06-2010, 06:49 PM

After a long day at work one friday I was so ready to go home and start my well earned weekend only to find that I couldnt find my car keys. I knew that I had had them earlier cause I had used them to get into our storage room. (The storage room key was on same key ring.)
There was only me and one other coworker left in the office, we started looking for my keys, they wernt on my desk, not in the storage room, I looked all over the office and couldnt find my keys, after about 20 minutes I finally decided to call my DH to bring my extra key to me, while I was waiting for him to answer the phone I ran my hand in my back pocket of my slacks and there was my Keys...
I never put my keys in my back pockets, I was so embarrased!! But my coworker sure had a good laugh...
Old 09-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
Ok I will admit that I used to work the early shift at work and I went to lock my computer (cntrl, ALT Del) I panicked spent 2 minutes looking for my keys. Until I realized it was the computer. (little background I have been known to lock my keys in my car) Yes I did do this! One of my finer moments!
Twice for me! Cost me $50 the first time and $60 the second. There were several years between the 2 but now I triple check where the car keys are before I close the door.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:24 PM

I have to tell you about hubby's "duh" moment a couple years ago where he moved my passport from the perfectly safe place I had put it and then forgot he had ever touched it while we were loading the luggage on the cart to get on the ship! He had convinced himself & our 2 traveling companions that I had never even packed it! When I told him where I had put it, (in the cruise line catalog with the booking papers) he then declared that it must have fallen out on the Wal-Mart parking lot where we stopped just before pulling into the cruise terminal. He had gotten the booking papers out there so they would be handy. I was so mad, I was ready to go back home and forget the cruise. It was in his rear pocket the whole time! He has done this with my car keys also. My motorcycle key is missing right now and I know dang good & well he had it because he's the only one that has touched my bike in 18 months. I'm not riding it until he finds my key!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Power Poster

When we leave home I have to keep my car keys in my hand or my DHs hand or I will lay them down and lose them!

I quilt carrying a purse because I was always leaving it somewhere. I left my purse(small clutch that I had made) in the cart at Walmart 30 miles from home at 9pm at night a few years back. Got home and couldn't find my purse. Called Walmart and an employee had found it and turned it in.

Just a few months ago I had my DHs checkbook and mine in my cart as I came out of Walmart. Saw my cousin and stopped to talk to her. When I got home I could't find DH's or my checkbook/ They had dropped out of the cart and it was windy that day.I was told some of the papers were strewn across the drive. Someone found them and turned them in but all the cash had been taken and I was missing some receipts. The cash was tucked down deep into a pocket so the wind didn't take it. Between us we lost about $75 that day. Mine was yard sale money I was going to go saling with but I guess someone else needed it more than I did. Why I didn't think to make sure I had them when I got in the car I don't know. But you can bet I always check where it is now!!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

My DDM moment or at least one of them
Years ago we had several vehicles and DH had parked the Blazer across behind my station wagon. I ran out late for work and jumped into the station wagon and backed up ...Crunch! My DBIL has teased me about being Blonde ever since --which I am blonde. It has gotten close to brown as I have gotten older but I am still blonde- no dyes. Dale's comment when I hit the blazer was "Uhuh chewing gum and walking again I see!" LOL His favorite taunt! LOL
Old 09-06-2010, 07:32 PM

Ohh i so love reading these " duh" moments,,,,, too funny. Great to share a laff and make others laff, Thank you!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

One of my son's Duh moments. My youngest DBIL brought his then girlfriend to meet us. She is very blonde. My son looked at her (he was a brash 17 yr old!) and teased about Blondes can't drive motorcycles(which they were on). Oops My DBIL let him know in no uncertain terms that Cyndy was a motorcycle racer!! LOL LOL He had to eat his words! LOL
Old 09-06-2010, 08:04 PM

I'm so bad about misplacing my glasses that I keep several pair around the house. One day my little grandson rang the doorbell. When I opened the door, he started laughing and slapping his legs with his hands he was so tickled. He said "Oh Grammie, you have one pair of glasses on your eyes and one on top of your head."
Old 09-06-2010, 08:27 PM

Oh, How funny!! It beats the time I called in a repairman because I couldn't get my new printer to work!!! Luckily (I think) the repairman was from my workplace and came for free....but he NEVER let me live down the fact that I forgot to take the little tape off the ink cartridge.....DUHHHHHH (and I'm a redhead)
Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Oh, How funny!! It beats the time I called in a repairman because I couldn't get my new printer to work!!! Luckily (I think) the repairman was from my workplace and came for free....but he NEVER let me live down the fact that I forgot to take the little tape off the ink cartridge.....DUHHHHHH (and I'm a redhead)
I did that too but I didn't know about the tape. That is why you are supposed to read the instructions!( I skip the instructions alot!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: