DDM

Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 PM

One of my DUD moments is in the grocery store. I was looking at a display of pots, pans and knifes that if you spent $25 or more you can buy these items. I was checking out the steak knifes. But I didn't think they looked any sharper than what we already had. So dumb me, I ran my finger down the blade. They were sharp. I had to go ask a cashier for a paper towel because I was bleeding. I was so embarrassed.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:36 PM

My DH's DUD moment is when he was driving home with his sailboat trailer and full size 3/4 ton truck. It was late and he decided to stop at a fast food drive thru. He has over 45 feet of truck and trailer to make those sharp turns in most drive thru. When he realized he wasn't going to make the turn he tried backing up. That didn't work. He ended up running over a lot of their landscaping. He did major damage to it.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Lol Lynn sounds like a man,,,,,,,, I can do it!!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:08 PM

One time in the winter, I got pneumonia and was grounded for a few weeks. I finally got so bored I decided to make a trip the nearest mall. Long story short, I tossed my loot into the trunk and went to get into the car and...oh no!...the keys were in the trunk! Trudged into the mall, called the police. (Remember, I'm still not quite up to snuff.) The cop opened the car and released the trunk and I went on my merry way. Decided to stop at Pier 1 while I was out. Guess what? Did the same Gosh Darn THING!!!! Same cop came to bail me out. I can imagine what he told the "boys" when he got back to the cop shop!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:39 PM

I'm really enjoying the computer related stories here. I was IT/computer support/help for a large school district for 19 years. Oh the stories I could tell. Y'all are bring back fond memories and laughs.

My worst DDM: I owned a flower shop for 10 years. One very busy holiday week-end I didn't make it to the bank to make the deposit from the cash register so I brought it home, rolled the bills and put a rubberband around them. Then I hid it so it wound be safe. Didn't find it for over a week. Couldn't find the 'safe' hiding spot. Guess it was safe alright, even from me.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:32 PM

I had one of "those" moments last week. Had been at my Mom's, had my purse and a bag with some sewing with me. I got home and couldn't find my cell phone. Dug through my purse and my sewing bag - no phone. Had to ask DH if he'd noticed the phone anywhere - he hadn't. Knew I hadn't used it at Mom's and hadn't left it in the car, so decided to use our landline to call the cell. Could hear it ringing, dumped out my purse and still couldn't find it. Knew it had to be nearby - finally checked my pants pocket and there it was!! Darn little phone. Worst part was going through all this in front of DH!!!