Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
DD's Not so Merry Christmas >

DD's Not so Merry Christmas

DD's Not so Merry Christmas

Old 12-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Cyn

Thank God she is ok!
Old 12-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Banned

So glad she was not hurt....Cars can be replaced, lives no.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:15 PM

Awful! Sad. Hope it was insured.
Old 12-25-2010, 07:17 PM

Good to hear no one was injured, but a lousy way to spend the Christmas holiday. Best wishes for the New Year.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
Thank God no one was hurt. This is when you are thankful you pay for car insurance.
--------------------------------------
Yes, she had insurance, BUT the insurance agent (female) claimed that DD had specifically excluded her (the agent) from doing anything when or if she ever had an accident. DD doesn't
remember signing about any such thing. She was under the impression that this was what part of what she was paying for when she bought insurance!!!
After this, you can be darn sure she will very, VERY carefully read each and every sentence in a contract. NEVER ever trust what any salesman tells you, get it in writing and know what every word means. Now DD has to do her thing with the insurance company herself. This was in Killeen, Texas. And was probably the agent they had used (and paid for) for years for 3 cars all the time.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Originally Posted by Magdalena
Thank God no one was hurt. This is when you are thankful you pay for car insurance.
--------------------------------------
Yes, she had insurance, BUT the insurance agent (female) claimed that DD had specifically excluded her (the agent) from doing anything when or if she ever had an accident. DD doesn't
remember signing about any such thing. She was under the impression that this was what part of what she was paying for when she bought insurance!!!
After this, you can be darn sure she will very, VERY carefully read each and every sentence in a contract. NEVER ever trust what any salesman tells you, get it in writing and know what every word means. Now DD has to do her thing with the insurance company herself. This was in Killeen, Texas. And was probably the agent they had used (and paid for) for years for 3 cars all the time.
That is really rotten. Sounds like she is just trying to get out of some work. I would report her to the insurance commission. I hope everything isn't to hard for her.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:07 AM

My daughter bagged a TEN POINT buck with her van and totalled it Thanksgiving weekend! My GD was with her and said "Grams that little angel you gave us that swung from the mirror saved our lives!!" Cars can be replaced, glad no one was hurt.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:08 AM

How terrible! I'm glad that they were ok and not hurt though.
Old 12-28-2010, 11:09 AM

What a shame about the insurance. I hope it gets all straightened out! I'm glad nobody was injured either time! :|
Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
What a shame about the insurance. I hope it gets all straightened out! I'm glad nobody was injured either time! :|
--------------------------
Finally straightened out. Grand Daughter's car was insured by another company and they will pay off, first had to see that DD HAD, indeed, excluded her sober, college daughter from her insurance. That was not what she had intended to do and was angry at such a thing being put in there with no comment at the time. GD is a very responsible person and drives carefully. So they have changed insurance companies.