Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: DD's Not so Merry Christmas

  1. #1
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    My DD in Texas just emailed me to say that my DGD was home from college, and yesterday went to the store just for soda, and took DD's car (paid off this month) and had a wreck in the wet.
    When they got there and were talking to the cop who was writing his report, another pickup came around the corner and hydroplaned also and of course hit her car again!! It had to be put on a truck and hauled away.
    I suspect this will be a Christmas that she'll remember for a long, long time!!! Car was low milage, she drove it to work, 10 minutes from home!

  2. #2
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Oh! That is aweful. Poor thing. I hope she isn't too shooken up.

  3. #3
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,454
    Blog Entries
    20
    So sorry...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    851
    Oh my! So sorry to hear that!

  5. #5
    Magdalena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    State of Grace
    Posts
    1,873
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thank God no one was hurt. This is when you are thankful you pay for car insurance.

  6. #6
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am happy to hear that no one was hurt... what an eventful Christmas :(

  7. #7
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    What a way to spend Christmas. I'm just glad she is OK.

  8. #8
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    So sorry!

  9. #9
    Super Member sustraley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,245
    Glad she is ok.

  10. #10
    Super Member Quilter7x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    north east
    Posts
    8,531
    Blog Entries
    1
    Definitely a Christmas to remember, but it sounds like she is fine and that's the most important thing. Hoping the holiday was brighter for everyone.

  11. #11
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    Thank God she is ok!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,587
    So glad she was not hurt....Cars can be replaced, lives no.

  13. #13
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Awful! Sad. Hope it was insured.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Boscobd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    997
    Good to hear no one was injured, but a lousy way to spend the Christmas holiday. Best wishes for the New Year.

  15. #15
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    Thank God no one was hurt. This is when you are thankful you pay for car insurance.
    --------------------------------------
    Yes, she had insurance, BUT the insurance agent (female) claimed that DD had specifically excluded her (the agent) from doing anything when or if she ever had an accident. DD doesn't
    remember signing about any such thing. She was under the impression that this was what part of what she was paying for when she bought insurance!!!
    After this, you can be darn sure she will very, VERY carefully read each and every sentence in a contract. NEVER ever trust what any salesman tells you, get it in writing and know what every word means. Now DD has to do her thing with the insurance company herself. This was in Killeen, Texas. And was probably the agent they had used (and paid for) for years for 3 cars all the time.

  16. #16
    Honey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,684
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by Magdalena
    Thank God no one was hurt. This is when you are thankful you pay for car insurance.
    --------------------------------------
    Yes, she had insurance, BUT the insurance agent (female) claimed that DD had specifically excluded her (the agent) from doing anything when or if she ever had an accident. DD doesn't
    remember signing about any such thing. She was under the impression that this was what part of what she was paying for when she bought insurance!!!
    After this, you can be darn sure she will very, VERY carefully read each and every sentence in a contract. NEVER ever trust what any salesman tells you, get it in writing and know what every word means. Now DD has to do her thing with the insurance company herself. This was in Killeen, Texas. And was probably the agent they had used (and paid for) for years for 3 cars all the time.
    That is really rotten. Sounds like she is just trying to get out of some work. I would report her to the insurance commission. I hope everything isn't to hard for her.

  17. #17
    Super Member Pat P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,218
    Blog Entries
    17
    My daughter bagged a TEN POINT buck with her van and totalled it Thanksgiving weekend! My GD was with her and said "Grams that little angel you gave us that swung from the mirror saved our lives!!" Cars can be replaced, glad no one was hurt.

  18. #18
    Super Member AngieS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    3,255
    How terrible! I'm glad that they were ok and not hurt though.

  19. #19
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    What a shame about the insurance. I hope it gets all straightened out! I'm glad nobody was injured either time! :|

  20. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Merced, CA
    Posts
    4,230
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditter43
    What a shame about the insurance. I hope it gets all straightened out! I'm glad nobody was injured either time! :|
    --------------------------
    Finally straightened out. Grand Daughter's car was insured by another company and they will pay off, first had to see that DD HAD, indeed, excluded her sober, college daughter from her insurance. That was not what she had intended to do and was angry at such a thing being put in there with no comment at the time. GD is a very responsible person and drives carefully. So they have changed insurance companies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.