Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-27-2011, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by mim View Post
thanks so much -- I like the idea -- I try not to forget and think I have done all of them. -- If I haven't -- PLEASE PM me -- for those I missed -- Mim
I did receive yours. I dont know about any other months since we contacted the individual.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:03 PM

ok, wait. now i'm confused. do we mail the f1/4 before the month in case we lose? or do we mail it for the previous month because we did lose? i'm willing to mail it for whichever, just need addy and explanation. my mind is so focused on my mom, etc, that other things sort of get boggled. i have lost 3 lbs so far, but yesterday i ate my first dozen of sugar cookies in years. yes, i enjoyed every morsel, even knowing i would be wearing them later! i am an unrepentent sinner! i know i won't have the opportunity again for quite awhile so i am ok with my lapse. i don't eat the scraps-- that's why i had children and dogs. lol. the exception is salad. i LOVE salad for dessert! before, during, after and instead of, the meal. i will pick at the leftover salad on plates or bowls. my goal for 2012 may be as simple as just making it through. thatr may be all the challenge i can handle. i have found wonderful friends on this thread and i don't plan on leaving it, but my ability and energy to lose weight and exercise may not be present for much of next year. just saying.
8-)
Old 12-27-2011, 09:24 PM

Hi everyone, sorry I havent posted since the first of the month. I cannt believe that Dec is almost gone. I have been trying not to eat, but I think I have failed. Everyone seems to have more med problems in the winter months. My dh was int he hospital for a few days also. Hope all are feeling better. barb
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 PM

missy!! best of everything to you and cathie!! woohoo! you go, tex! i wish you the very happiest and fulfilling life together!
prezzy-- glad to see you! i used to live in lewiston and had friends in rochester. small world!! you guys get waaay too much snow! hope your dh is doing better and you are holding up ok.

Last edited by nancia; 12-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:15 AM

I think it means that everyone sends their fat qtr in at the beginning of the month and then at the end whoever wins gets ALL of the FQ's sent to them, including their own.
Originally Posted by nancia View Post
ok, wait. now i'm confused. do we mail the f1/4 before the month in case we lose? or do we mail it for the previous month because we did lose?
8-)
Old 12-28-2011, 05:52 AM

Starting in January 2012, since people have not been receiving all of their FQ's for winning, we have decided that we would now start mailing the FQ's for the month at the beginning of the new month to my PO Box. When I post the new link for January later today it will have the address and color for January listed. Hope this helps.

Have a great day, I am off to take my brother and his dog to the vet to get his ear drained, he has a large hematoma and severe ear infection going on.
Old 12-28-2011, 07:07 AM

Missy congratulations on your engagement. It is so great when you can find a wonderful person to spend your life with.
I love the taboo for this week. I made some cookies that are killing me. I have eaten more than I would like to count. My weigh in a few days from now is not going to be good. The cookies I have been gorging myself on have caramel in them so I put them in the freezer. They are too hard to eat now. I put them on a plate to give to my uncle when he comes over tomorrow. It is time to pull myself together and get back on track. I haven't exercised in over a week. Yikes. Back to work next week and away from the food all day.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 AM

Post for January is up. here is the link

:http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ml#post4818045
Old 12-28-2011, 08:43 AM

Since Purplemen (MJ) has stepped down, please send your lbs lost to me instead of her.

Missy......congrats on your engagement. May you continue to be as happy if not more so than you are now.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Ok Irish I have to Know what is Heavenly Hash? Love the Pics! Your work is sew beautiful!

Missy Congrats! and It's so nice to have you back where you belong ( sorry old song "hello Dolly" that my mom always sang when I was a child).

lisa