Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim) >

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Dec 2011 Weight Loss Adventure With A Prize! (the winner is mim)

Old 12-02-2011, 03:22 AM

I got the results of my bone scan. They found something. We are praying for arthritis, not bone cancer. Seeing the doctor today, will update tonight.

Thanks,, Irish, losing weight is a tough row to hoe.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:01 AM

Sending prayers.In Sept,we went thru a waiting game with DH.Was 6 wks before we were told the diagnosis.
All is well, but it's a scary thing to go thru.Glad you get to see Dr .
Originally Posted by purplemem View Post
I got the results of my bone scan. They found something. We are praying for arthritis, not bone cancer. Seeing the doctor today, will update tonight.

Thanks,, Irish, losing weight is a tough row to hoe.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:51 AM

Everyone over 50 has some form of arthritis. Some of us much sooner. I'm glad you don't have to wait long to find the results. More, fresh prayers are being offered for you.

It's a beautiful sunshiny day. I think I will finish covering the pots that are too big to bring in and start bringing in the Christmas decorations.

I made brownie muffins last night with dried cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips. I was able to limit myself last night and today I will have two more. Breakfast or later?? I usually like to have my carbs before noon, but I'm not hungry now.

I am losing weight and getting healthier. We are all losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:47 AM

Sending healing thoughts for MJ as well. Arthritis is horrible, it bad enough that I have it at 58 but my kids have it already too. They don't let it stop them but they wear knee braces when they run. My son is only 28 & he has it in both knees!

As soon as I find where I put that FQ I will mail it to Susan. Memory lost is another fun thing....why can't weight lost be as easy as memory lost?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:59 AM

I would love to try this but December is my month to make and taste. Hope to see you next month.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:29 AM

MJ hope you get good results at the doctors this afternoon..you have my prayers
Old 12-02-2011, 03:03 PM

definitely have degenerative arthritis, but having MRI of knee and right thigh, something else is the prob and CT of stomach and liver and pancreas
Old 12-02-2011, 06:27 PM

well i pray that it will be something simple that can easily be fixed...
Old 12-02-2011, 07:47 PM

thanks for the warm and well wishes. The doctor reminded me I am still 100 pounds overweight. I really struggle with losing and I don't eat much at all.

Tomorrow I will write down every bite and see if I am deceiving myself. Anybody want to join me in recording every bite for 3 days??
Old 12-02-2011, 08:37 PM

Every bite? I am such a snacker that it will take a lot of paper, but I'm with you. It will help me see if I'm having feast days mixed with lighter days, or if I'm having too many feast days. I'm finding more and more 'diet' gurus in favor of mixing days so that your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I was surprised to read that happens in as little as 24 hours. I assumed it would take several weeks.

Today was a light day with a big dinner. I will start recording in the morning.

My chiropractor and I have missed connections lately. I moved an app't for a bb game, then he moved the new one for a funeral, so my back and leg are not happy. I didn't walk the dogs to the lake. We covered enough ground, but closer to home just in case I needed to take a shortcut home. It's going to be a long time until Friday. I couldn't get all the Christmas decorations from the shed to the house so I can't start decorating. Ah, well, it's only the 2nd.

I went to the LQS today for more sky for my geese. I found a perfect backing for my own quilt on sale, so I need to go back while it's still available. I also found Singer needles 10 for $1.99. I bought all three packages. I started my quilt in the thread "Fat Quilts for Fluffy People" even though I hate the word fat. I don't think the thread is active which is too bad - it's a cute concept. A block for each pound lost - When you lose a bunch of pounds, you have enough blocks for a quilt. My pattern has so many blocks, I had to plan 2 blocks per pound. Today I discovered the quilt is only 62" x 62", so I may need to increase the size. That's not very big for the size of my living room and sectional. I hope I can work on it this winter because the fabrics are gorgeous florals - just the thing to brighten cloudy days.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.

Last edited by irishrose; 12-02-2011 at 08:41 PM.