Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: December Weight Loss Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by meganc731 View Post
    Update on my boy, he's feeling pretty good now, we have an appointment in the morning with our family physician. Can't wait to get him in. I haven't been on the scale since Friday morning so I don't know where I'm at, but since Friday I've been back on track.

My friend invited me to share a table at a craft fair at an elementary school next weekend so I'll be working on something for that this week.
    That's good to hear, Megan. Please let us know what they find. Hope he continues to feel well.

I had book club last night and didn't do great, but didn't do as poorly as I normally do. That's something, right?

Pat, my FQ is going in the mail this morning.

Blog Entries
    Meagan that is a scary thing. I hope everything checks out OK> Tomorrow is cookie day at work. Everyone is supposed to bring their favorite cookie to share. Then we are going out to dinner before my quilt guild meeting. It is our Christmas party there so there will be lots of goodies to eat. I hope I can behave myself. I need to finish my purses tonight so I can bring them for show and tell tomorrow. I also want to make one of those log cabin Santa ornaments. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. I still can't figure out how to get the pictures from my iPhone onto the board.
    Pat

I haven't tried to load pics from my iphone. I only do them from my ipad and sometimes it won't let me. No idea why.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
    I haven't tried to load pics from my iphone. I only do them from my ipad and sometimes it won't let me. No idea why.
    I tried to upload pics yesterday and for the first time ever I couldn't. I don't know why, either. I had moved them from my phone onto my computer, which is how I've always done it, but kept getting an error message. I think it said "invalid" or something to that effect. Very frustrating!

Just tried to do it again. The message says "upload of file has failed"

Blog Entries
    I think I have finally found some will power. Had a luncheon yesterday and when I looked at a few of my college friends, that I have not seen in years, I was in awe. They not only maintained over the years but probably also lost! Granted, I cannot exercise like they do --- but I could zip my lip. Had oatmeal and tea for brkfast and planning on a pear and cheese stick for lunch. Keep fingers crossed.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Blog Entries
    Cindy when I upload photos from my camera and I get the upload failed message it is because the file size it too big. You need to make the picture a smaller file. I don't know how to do it. WHen I try to load a photo from my phone it never even gives me the option to upload. I guess I will have to find my camera and do it that way.

I am headed home tomorrow after my 2nd week at my son's apartment. While I did bring stuff to sew on, it just isn't the same as being home. I guess I joined this challenge so that I could reduce my fabric pile. I'm sure not doing anything to drop any fat. Too bad sewing doesn't burn calories - I've sewn like a fiend all year; I'm almost ready for Christmas.
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Thank you everyone. I have been trying to lose the addl. weight for several years now. I initially lost 88 lbs. about 4 1/2 years ago. I gain a few lbs. several couple of months, but if I knuckle down I lose those few lbs. I still need to lose about 40 lbs. and I it really hard, but then I'm not getting the exercise that I really need, mostly because of knee and hip problems. But I stick with it, but every once in a while I stray but get right back on track. I appreciate the words of encouragement. Good luck to you all.

And to Megan, so sorry to year about your son. Hope all goes well for him.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    Cindy when I upload photos from my camera and I get the upload failed message it is because the file size it too big. You need to make the picture a smaller file.
    Thanks, Pat. When I have time I'll play around with that. It is annoying!

Blog Entries
    I received a FQ yesterday from Cindy A. I went to an ornament party last night. I was babysitting my 2 GS so I took them with me. It was really fun. The food was disappointing. Not much yummy stuff so I did behave myself. I am hoping to get my tree up today. I just can't get motivated to do it.

Blog Entries
    5 parties this past week...the food was great at all of them. Only 2 more parties to go.
    Even with my sinuses bothering me, was able to enjoy , and then hate, the food for being so good.
    Only 10 more days until Christmas!!! HAve to get the gifts wrapped.
    "Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver." Barbara De Angelis

Hey all! My son is doing really well. He has a cardiology appointment on Wednesday but at this point we've pretty much narrowed down the reason for his fall to dehydration. He's back at school for half days for the next three days and then he can go back full-time.

This weekend I went to a craft fair but I was disappointed in my sales. I made minky taggies for babies and a minky quilt but the only thing I sold were felt flower rings I made last year and a pin cushion ring. I'm not sure anyone was really selling anything although there were a lot of people that came to look. At least they were fun items to experiment with and I have gifts stocked up now

megan731, glad your son is doing well. That's too bad about the craft fair.

I feel for those of you who've been attending parties. I baked cookies for my husband's work but then unfortunately that left too many leftovers here. I've been misbehaving some this week Hopefully I'll get back on track VERY soon.
    Heather

Blog Entries
    Megan,so glad to hear your son i doing well. There has been food at work all week. Tomorrow we get to wear our PJ's to school. The teachers were all getting a little bit crazy at lunch today discussing whether we have to wear a bra with our PJ's. It was fun. The kids are really wound up. Our last day is Friday. Several of the teachers have the flu. The idiots on the school board lowered the pay for substitute teachers in our district so we can't find subs. I had to be the sub on Friday, not that they will give me sub pay. Our district has the lowest pay in the area.
    I have tons of Christmas shopping to finish. I am just not inspired this year or motivated to get it finished. I need a $15 dollar gift for Thursday, no idea what to get. It is for another teacher. I also need a $15 gift for my family exchange.
    My eating has been awful. I need to get it back under control.
    Pat

Blog Entries
    I feel like I am doomed to get sick. The teacher was out most of last week, first one of her kids had the flu, then she got it. The Dr told her to stay home until Thursday. She came back Tuesday. She felt awful and was exhausted so I taught most of the day. Today she felt so nauseous and chilled she went home at 10:30. 3 of the 4 kids I was working with had various sick complaints all day. My throat is a little bit sore. I'm not sure if it is from talking too much. I am not used to teaching all day, which I did the last couple of days. I am an aide, I don't normally teach all day. I guess I will see how I feel in the morning.

Just a fly-by before I shut down my laptop.
    Megan, glad to hear that your son is improving.

Pat, sending prayers that your symptoms do not progress.

I can see the end of this year long tunnel that has been my life. Finished piecing my last quilt, started quilting on the last one I sandwiched. Tomorrow I plan to sandwich the last one - have to have them both finished by Saturday morning at the latest; Friday afternoon would be even better. (Have to return a sewing machine)

I can't wait to watch everyone open my efforts! But til then, I still have lots to do.

I just tell myself to take a deep breath, and SMILE!
    Lynne
    Austin, Tx

Sounds like we are all scurrying to finish up our gifts. I still need to make a purse for a friend. I think I am meeting her for lunch tomorrow. Would be nice to get it done by then. Took me 5-6 hours to make the one for another friend. Maybe I can get it cut out during Allie's nap today and work on it tonight and tomorrow morning.
    i bought myself a Christmas gift - an assortment of 14 1-yard cuts of Kaffe Fasset fabric from Craftsy. I love them! They sent me a 35% of coupon. Now I want to buy more!
    Stay healthy, everyone! There's too much to do to be sick!

Blog Entries
    Oh Pam I love Kaffe fabric. I can never decide what to make with it. I pull it out and look at it then I can't cut into it. What will you make out of it?
    So far my symptoms haven't progressed. I don't feel any worse than yesterday. My SIL and 2 GS have the flu. Luckily I haven't seen them since Saturday. There are so many teachers out sick we can't get subs. Tomorrow is the last day of school.
    I think i have my sewing projects finished. I still need to come up with a gift for the family exchange with my family. I'm not sure what I am going to get. I also have to get something for my sons. I am shopping Saturday. I hope to finish then.
    The principal is buying lunch for us tomorrow. I have no idea what she is ordering. I did hear she was thinking of getting cheesecake. I am sure none of it will be what I should be eating. We had a breakfast potluck at school this morning.

Not sure what pattern I will use but it will have to be special.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    THey are beautiful. I think I am drooling.

So pretty, Pam. I have a couple of those in different colors. Love them.

Gorgeous Pam!! Love those colors, anxious to see what you do with them!

Anyone have any gift ideas for a casual quilter? My mom likes to do small quilting projects throughout the year and usually makes bigger quilts around Christmas. My dad is stumped for gift ideas. I suggested an Accuquilt but I hardly know anything about them. I did some searching quickly in the forums and changed my suggestion to the Fiskar Fuse with the adapters. I'm worried it was a terrible suggestion. I don't know if it will be too limiting.

Diet is going mediocre over here. Once I hit my first goal I've found myself being complacent and going off diet here and there, not enough to gain, but enough that I haven't lost much Has this happened to anyone?

Blog Entries
    I have been gaining and losing the same 2 pounds all month. I will be happy if I can stay the same weight for the next 2 weeks.
    I spend most of the day Christmas shopping yesterday. It was very frustrating. I started at Toys r Us. My GS wants a mixer for Christmas. He plays endlessly with his kitchen set. I had order a mixer, toaster, blender set from Zulily way back on Nov 12. I kept checking and it was supposed to ship Dec 3. When it still wasn't shipped on Dec 12 I was concerned. I came home and cancelled my order. Last week Toys r Us had tons of the mixer I wanted. Yesterday they were out. They called another store that said they had it. I drove 25 miles there and they didn't have it. I went to buy a Chromebook for DH, no one would wait on me. They kept taking people who came in after me. I was walking out and they finally waited on me and they didn't have it. I came home and had a piece of chocolate and finished up shopping on Amazon. I am planning on wrapping today and seeing if there is anything else I need. My 2 GS do want a cape so they can play Super Heroes. I need fabric for that.
    Frustrating day, but I only had 1 piece of chocolate.
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
    . . . . I spend most of the day Christmas shopping yesterday. I went to buy a Chromebook for DH, no one would wait on me. They kept taking people who came in after me. I was walking out and they finally waited on me and they didn't have it. . . . . Frustrating day, but I only had 1 piece of chocolate.
    Pat
    I REALLY, REALLY hate that!! Why does that happen? I also hate it when there are long lines and a new register opens up and they yell for customers BUT NOT NEXT IN LINE and the closest people who just got in line run over!! These are some of the reasons I don't like shopping! I did a lot of my shopping on line this year. I just had Christmas with my family and I'm going to have to make an exchange due to wrong size. I hope I can do that relatively easy (especially since I paid more for the item than I really wanted to).

But only one piece of chocolate, Pat. That was really good considering.

Meganc, I'll be interested in what your mom thinks of the Fiskar Fuse. I've been looking on line as well. It's so hard to know just by descriptions. Even if you try one out it's hard to compare what the benefits and negatives of each system are. I'm interested in the Accuquilt Go. I just wonder how much I'll be able to use it. Will I have to buy (expensive?) pieces for every different thing I make, etc.

Eating? I'm not doing well and I can really feel it. I just don't feel well like I do when I'm eating properly and exercising. I'm trying to remember to drink my water. I've been sick and remember to drink it when I take my medicine, but I don't think of drinking as often now that it's cold outside.

Blog Entries
    Pam - those colors are gorgeous --- can't wait to see what you do with them.
    Pat -- sure hope some bug doesn't ruin the Holidays for you.
    Finished all my baking --- 21 different cookies, candied pecans and a load of caramels. Will Never do it again.
    Too much nibbling. Finished all our parties except Christmas with the kids.
    Now to get back to my machine.
    Went to see Fiddler on the Roof today at the Playhouse...fantastic!
    Have got to get back on the diet track.
    Merry Christmas to all!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast