Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Describe your favorite house "style" and location >

Describe your favorite house "style" and location

Describe your favorite house "style" and location

Old 08-19-2011, 03:15 AM

I wouldnt care what or where it was.
As long as I could do my quilting with freedom.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ontheriver
Originally Posted by pojo
A log cabin with a huge kitchen, front room 3 bedrooms, 3 baths, and a basement and a 3 car garage in the woods. with a creek running through it.
And a deck completely around it too about 12 feet wide with alot of windows too.

Fireplaces in each room and a old wood cookstove.
In the mountains of North Carolinia
I live in mine, just finished building two years ago. It is a log cabin with a covered porch all the way around, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room, dining, kitchen, library, sewing room, and loft. No garage as it is 14 ft up on piling because I have a river at the end of my back yard, but underneath there is a two bedroom apartment also with wrap around porch that I added for my parents. And no neighbors for 3 miles!
beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2011, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by AZTeri
Originally Posted by MellieKQuilter
A Big Farmhouse with a wrap around covered porch.. set somewhere with a mixture of timber and acreage. And it would only be complete with two rockers on the front porch, one for me and one for my sweetie. :)
This. Except mine would also overlook water - a river, lake or beach. It would have a huge eat-in kitchen and a huge craft room :)
Ditto, except I want the lake and at least 100 acres. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 08-20-2011, 11:15 PM

A lovely old fashioned homestead of the Aussie variety, wrap around porch, lovely garden plus kitchen garden and chooks. And in the central tablelands so it snows a little in winter and is really hot in summer but no humidity which I hate!! I wish I could order this dream without the snakes and spiders - but I guess I'll just have to manage.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
s house is for sale for $90,000 and I fell in love with it. Not sure I would want to move to KC MO though. Can I move it to Vermont?

"Incredible Queen Ann Victorian. Wonderful fireplaces, pocket doors, original woodwork, porte cochere, balconies, stained glass, butler's pantry. " 5 BR, 2900 sq. ft.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds lovely. With one small exception..notice something necessary missing?

My goodness - 90,000!?? Are you serious? You couldn't get anything for that price in Australia. The house across the road just went for 780,000 and we aren't in a wealthy area....Sydney is a nightmare for house prices

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :cry:
Old 08-22-2011, 11:52 AM

bathrooms??? my grandparents had a 3 seater out house in vermont. it was great for my 2 sisters and me when we were little. like 3 little birds sitting on a wire. anyway, didn't notice any bathrooms listed. i'm not so big on sharing anymore! (not counting the dogs and cats who gather whenever i try to close the door, lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
bathrooms??? my grandparents had a 3 seater out house in vermont. it was great for my 2 sisters and me when we were little. like 3 little birds sitting on a wire. anyway, didn't notice any bathrooms listed. i'm not so big on sharing anymore! (not counting the dogs and cats who gather whenever i try to close the door, lol.
That made me laugh - at my memories, not your post. Up to the age of 5 or so, we lived in a trailer on my grandpa's farm. They were a high class farmer- the out house was made of brick, and was a 5 seater! I just remember a cat had decided to have kittens on the shelf where toilet paper was kept.
Old 08-30-2011, 09:46 AM

you described my house to a "T"!!! LOL