Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Did anyone feel the earth move last night?? 3/28

We live in Placentia, CA just south and east of La Habra. (probably 5 mi away) We haven't felt all of the aftershocks, but sure felt a fore shock and one or 2 aftershocks. I've lived in CA my whole life and have been through quite a few big ones. But I never like them. The shakes were pretty strong, but only a few things fell over. Nothing broke. Tonight, we were driving in Placentia and we saw a block wall that had fallen over. But that is all so far in our neighborhood.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Blog Entries
    Nope, couldn't pay me enough to live in quake zones. I've lived in Midwest all of my life (I know, tornados, but I've not been in any!). I haven't travelled much in my life but I did go on a medical mission trip to Guatemala in 2002 and wasn't there 1 day out of our planned 10 when I experienced a disconcerting movement. I asked a local and she said "oh yes, an earthquake, we have many" lord I hadn't even known Guatemala had earthquakes, had never experienced one and I never want to again! I know it's all what you are used to because people say the same things about tornados and they don't particularly bother me.....unless I am traveling and "see" one in the distance! Lol.
    The expert's mind has no room to learn while the beginner's mind is free to know everything....

On Feb 9, 1971, I was alone with my 1 month old daughter when our swimming pool rose 2 feet and my neighbors tennis court slid down the hill. Our TV jumped across the room behind our couch and a large beam in our ceiling came down about 2 inches. Scared me! I held on to my baby and worried, worried, worried. My milk flow decreased, my baby became restless. I left California because I could not sleep or eat and paced constantly. Went home to be with my parents in Puerto Rico. Darned if they did not have an earthquake there too. I vowed I would never live anywhere where there were earthquakes and kept that vow for years. Now, here I am in Oregon. What the heck???

we felt it, no damage, sat there just waiting it out, lol, probably not a good idea but know not to go outside cuz we have a tile roof and that is dangerous if tiles come down and hit ya on the head
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Quote Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
    Never felt an earthquake but have felt the earthmove beneath me.
    Come on ladies I'm sure you know what I mean.
    I'm with you Dottymo! As often as possible, please.

On a more serious note, you are all in my prayers. Stay safe!

Living on the East coast, we are also in a very active seismic area, but thankfully the earthquakes we get are minor compared to yours. Usually can tell something is happening because the water in the toilet sloshes a bit.

Hope you are all doing well...
    Anita

The only place that housework comes before quilting is in the dictionary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2