Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy tonight? >

Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy tonight?

Did anyone watch Grey's Anatomy tonight?

Old 04-24-2015, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by yngldy View Post
Thanks for ruining it for us on the west coast! It won't be on for 2 more hours.
Sorry, didn't even realize that. Might have been good, since you hadn't seen it, not to open the post considering its title and since you hadn't watched it yet.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Usually an actor wants off the show so the writers have no choice but to kill off the character. That is what happened in Downton Abbey.
That's what I thought of when it happened last night on GA. I swore at the time I wouldn't watch DA anymore but succumbed....but the next season of DA will be the last one too so one wonders what catastrophe they'll come up with on it too.

I'm so disgusted with Scandal that I think Thursday night will become a Netflix streaming night! I'm figuring out how to cut the cable....biggest thing is changing my email to a different place, eg gmail, before I leave. This has been a really frustrating year with cable...too many reruns etc. Oh yes....I can always start reading more books!!
Old 04-24-2015, 10:41 AM

He races cars and I think he wanted to pursue that.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:48 AM
Power Poster

Never did watch Grey's. Have just gotten so bored with TV.
Old 04-24-2015, 11:54 AM

Yes, this is happening with me in "Nashville". I love that show, but the breaks (several weeks at a time between shows) and commercials are driving me nuts. That is the only TV show that I watch, and I don't stay up late except on Wednesday for Nashville, and it takes the DH and I both to keep up with which Wednesday night Nashville will be on......
Old 04-24-2015, 04:56 PM

Well, in real life he dumped his wife so maybe he needed a change in every aspect of his life. Who knows ?? Got a little tired of Grey's Anatomy 2 years ago. I'm finding the same kind of boredom in Good Wife lately. They also need something exciting to get things going again.
Old 04-24-2015, 05:14 PM

I just watched Grey's tonight. I'm still in shock. My initial thought is that the show is running out of time, & someone did say next year is the final year, right? Or is this year the final year? I agree that the show hasn't been the same without Cristina. And I'm really not happy that Downton Abbey has one year left; I adore that show. (sigh)
Old 04-25-2015, 05:16 AM

After 14 years, I'm sure the actor wants to move on.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:57 AM

I HATE the way they do tv shows today. They're on for several weeks, then they're off. Then they're back on for a couple of weeks & then they're off for 3 weeks & then back on. Hard to keep up with things that have happened & are happening when it is so sporatic.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:21 AM

I read an interview with Patrick Dempsey in which he said he hadn't known at all since his contract ran until 2016.
He said that he found out in March. He will miss the other actors but he said that the job was 10 months/yr and
15 hrs per day. He believes that these hours took a toll on his marriage, and were partly the cause of his divorce.
He is apparently an avid race car driver and looks forward to having much more time with his children and with racing.