Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you get a 3 day weekend??? >

Did you get a 3 day weekend???

Did you get a 3 day weekend???

Old 10-12-2011, 04:53 AM

Work for a school bus company - kids got off, drivers got off, but the office was open.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:20 AM

I not only had a 3 day weekend, I had a 4 day weekend, as I took Fri off as a vacation day. I have lots of vacation time this year becasue of a change in my company's vacation policy - we used to be able to carry vacation over from oneyear to the next for 2 years. With this year, we are no longer able to carry over vacation time from year to year. So, this means that the vacation time that we had carried over from last year had to be used by the end of August (I had 2 weeks from last year that I had to use) and then the vacation time for this year has to be used by the end of the year.
On top of this we no longer have vacation days and sick days - they are all rolled into one under personal time off - so I have 18 days of pto to use by the end of the year.
I used all of my rolled over vacation time before teh end of July, so when I went on a 2 week vacation to San Francisco, that was my pto, so when I came back, I was to have only 8 days left of pto, but due to some glitch, 10 extra days were added and my supervisors dais to leave it alone, so I still have 18 day to take by the end of the year.

To make a long story short, I had something like 40 days off this year! I wish I would've had the money to go over to Poland to visit relatives, but that is a big expense for me, so taking long weekends till the end of the year.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Banned

I actually got 4!!!
I work at the base commissary and they were closed yesterday! Of course now I get to work every day til next Mon!
Old 10-12-2011, 06:33 AM

We don't get Columbus Day off here, but that's alright. :)
Old 10-12-2011, 06:36 AM

I do not take one week off but try to have several 3 and 4 day weekends every other month more ro less.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:32 AM

students had a 3 days weekend we had to work! bummer
Old 10-12-2011, 08:13 AM

I was suppose to, and had planned to spend the weekend with my aunt, reconnecting and quilting, but my daughters' carpool was in an accident Friday afternoon. Middle little got a concussion and whiplash and was in the hospital until Sunday, then we were home Monday recuperating. Scariest weekend of my life.

All good now. Her memory is back and she's out of the collar thingie. Went to school this morning. :)

But now I need another 3-day weekend to get over this last 3-day weekend!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:45 AM

Nope, sure didn't ! Only a Fed & bank holiday here :roll:
Old 10-12-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I don't work outside the home now so I had a very long weekend.

I took hubby to ER Friday night and he is still in hospital. I have been sick so haven't got to visit him but talk to him and nurses every day for updates. The hospital in 2 hours away one way.

He has a bad staph infection and this morning talked to nurse and his blood pressure went sky high they had to call the Dr.

Now today October 11th is our wedding anniverary 36 years.

You can follow about his updates on my PDA. Do you use the PDA here on the quilting board, great way to communicate with others each day. I have met some great friends on my PDA, live chat and by private messages.

Also have met quilters at my meet and greets, quilt shows, shop hops, lunch, house and more.

You are my Quilting Friends and I enjoy chatting with all of you and some we have chatted with on the phone.

Karen, Craftybear
Karen,
Keeping your DH & you in thoughts & prayer ! Hope he's improving !
Old 10-12-2011, 09:01 AM

That's the one thing I miss in retirement. I don't have any 3 day weekends to look forward to. Gotta have something to look forward to.