Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you grow where you were planted? >

Did you grow where you were planted?

Did you grow where you were planted?

Old 10-23-2011, 10:04 AM

Born in Tx, raised in Ca. Lived there for 63 yrs, now living in Co. Sometimes I dream of returning to Ca, but it is more expensive than Co. So perhaps it will always be a dream. My family, brothers and sisters are in Ca, my own kids are in Japan, NY and Ca. Taught my kids as my mom taught me, whenever Mom lives that is home.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 AM

I was born in and grew up in Brooklyn, NY. Since it has about 4 million people I consider it a big city even though it's really part of NYCity. Lived there until I was 24, that's when DH and I bought our house in surburban New Jersey and we've been here ever since. The change from city living to being out in the recently created burbs was kind of a shock, no pulbic transportation, had to drive to shop for food or anything else. Back in the 1960's most of the gals here didn't drive and if they did our DH's needed the cars to drive to work. Over the years things changed, mostly for the better although now we're over populated with crowded roads, too many stores, high taxes, etc., just like the big city but without the tall buildings.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:01 AM

Born and stayed in one city until I was 10, moved to another city and state and stayed there until I graduated HS, then moved to another state for college and met by husband, move to another city in state until husband graduated college and then we now moved to state I now live in. So that makes 4 states and 6 cities I have lived in.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:05 AM

I grew up cross country from where I was born. Born in NJ, moved to Calif. when I was 7 and have lived here ever since. Met and married my high school sweetheart....so I am forever grateful that my dad decided to take a job offered to him in CA.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:06 AM

I live in the same state different town than I did. When I married my husband 15 years ago, his first wife had passed away with cancer. His children gave us such a problem that we decided to move and we did 3 hours away. Makes it hard to see the families because they don't come to see us, they expect us to come see them. Our health is not the best and at times it is very hard.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:25 AM

Nope. Born in a small town in Alabama. Traveled with my parents to a dozen different places while I was growing up. Settled in Phoenix Arizona where I worked and raised my family, then retired to a different small town in East Tennessee. I have loved every place I've ever lived--big and small. There are lots of really nice people in this world.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:31 AM

I was planted here and am back here, but grew up 1100 miles from here in the very southern tip of Texas in a small town up the Rio Grande River from the coast of the Gulf of Mexico. I went to school almost all those years in Texas. Moved from there my sophomore high school year to Okla City for a year and then back here to AL. We live 6 houses down from my DH's driveway where he grew up on a farm, which is not a farm now. Don't guess we will move far if ever because all our children and grandchildren are here (they are still young). We love to go to the white sands of AL and North Florida beaches and also love the Blue Ridge Mountains, but I guess this will always be home. My great, great, great grandparents on my maternal side came here in the 1850's and I am not far from where they lived. On my paternal side, my great grandparents came here in the early 1900's. Deep roots here.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM

Sixfootroad,
Sorry you don't like AL. Had to look up Ohatchee to see where it was.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:54 AM

My early childhood was in a very small town if you did something bad a mother would come out and paddle you behind and when you got home was another problem or told to go home and then you would get it after that time I lived all over the place. Right I am grounded in FL
Old 10-23-2011, 11:55 AM

rMy early childhood was in a very small town if you did something bad a mother would come out and paddle your behind and when you got home was another problem or told to go home and then you would get it after that time I lived all over the place. Right I am grounded in FL