Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Did you watch NCIS last night? >

Did you watch NCIS last night?

Did you watch NCIS last night?

Old 01-20-2011, 11:50 AM

I think that would be a great idea. This is something that we have dealt with in our family and it is a very devastating thing to deal with.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:57 AM

I made a memory quilt for my mother in law when she first started having signs of alz. then I had everyone write a small note and sign their square. She really loved that quilt was burried with it I also wrote something about being wrapped in loving arms of your family in the center square.

On a happier note I made a crawling quilt for my niece I put on pictures of everyone holding her then backed this with a moving pad, her mother loved the idea of having the a safe clean place to learn to crawl. She would crawl to certain pictures and pat her favorite people
Old 01-20-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Parrothead
I also love this show. Have watched it since the beginning and now also the NCIS LA. My adopted son is an actor and was on the show when Kate was still there. I didn't know he was doing the show. He played an agent who was found in a car that had been bombed. So he had a lot of makeup to make him look banged up. He emailed me a picture - no words- of him in his makeup. I can't find the picture or I would include it but here is his head shot. BTW this say Mama Nell not hell.
Oooooh I think I have a crush on your son!!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:26 PM

Those kinds of quilts are becoming very popular. We made a picture album for my Mom with the opening page stating her name and address - including a recent picture. Then "My husband is:", " My children are" etc. It was a fun project, and she looked at it every day. Her dementia was not Alzheimers, but from a brain stem injury that finally just shut her little body down, one function at a time. Really a sad thing to watch happen to a loved one
Old 01-20-2011, 01:42 PM

Love Abby...She's my fav. besides Gibbs of course. What a man. Do you know his wife is Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy. They have been married for ever. Another reason I love him. A great husband and father and "a great man" all round.
Originally Posted by judith ann
I found I can watch ncis online.I'm hooked.Love Abby
judy j
http://www.watch-ncis-online.com/
Old 01-20-2011, 06:26 PM

I love this show and Mark Harman is a doll. He is so very gorgeous, i sit with my eyes glued, anyone goes near the tv and i will boot them out
Old 01-20-2011, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by amorerm
Love Abby...She's my fav. besides Gibbs of course. What a man. Do you know his wife is Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy. They have been married for ever. Another reason I love him. A great husband and father and "a great man" all round.
Originally Posted by judith ann
I found I can watch ncis online.I'm hooked.Love Abby
judy j
http://www.watch-ncis-online.com/
He was also Ricky Nelsons brother-in law.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:30 PM

I always watch NCIS. Something I did years ago was to record my mother-in-law talking and have played it for our family. I keep wanting to record others but never get around to it.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:20 PM

When we had to put my aunt with Alzheimer's in an assisted living facility, we did her a collage of pix of each family member with their names. When she got where she could not talk, she would point to whomever, asking where they were. Sometime she remembered us and sometimes she broke our hearts by not remembering us. She is gone now and in a much better place. I always say that Alzheimer's is the worst thing I have ever had to deal with.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:33 PM

My 94 year old mom lives with us and she has had Alzheimer's for about 10 years. She reached the point several years ago where I am sure she does not know I am her daughter or that my kids are her grandkids. Oddly tho, this does not bother us - we are just so happy she is still around. She doesn't talk anymore but gets excited and does laugh about things we do. She is interested in everything that goes on around her - likes to watch out the window all day, looks thru mags, plays with "toys" etc. We have to feed her and change her etc. Just lately she has been unable to stand so have to lift her from bed to chair and vv. I know most people think it is so sad, esp for the families, but we are not sad about it - it is just as it is and we can live with that. I really don't believe that she knows that she can't remember. She just knows what she knows. We don't take her not knowing us personally or the fact she can't remember things. As one of my kids said, they can't remember their real early years - when I fed them, changed them, learning to walk etc but it does not make them sad that can't remember that - so they don't see the dif. Lots of my friends no longer have a parent and I am just happy and feel blessed that she is still around. It is still her - just not with the her memory - but we still have our memories of her.

Didn't mean to go on so long but wanted to give my 2 cents I guess.