did your cat ever..

Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM

my cats only bring me livestock, the usual mice, voles,birds, rabbits, halfarabbits and one baby possum, dead.
since the possum was dead i picked it up by the tail and put it in the trash can with a cover. the next day dh and i were cleaning up the dog yard and he went to put some trash in the can and "haaaaaaaaaaaaaaah' this loud hissing breathing dragon noise greeted him! the little possum was 'playing possum'. we ended up loading the can with the cover strapped on and in the backseat of the open mustang convertible to the closest park, 10 mi away. then the silly thing didn't want to leave the can!
we ended up dumping the can and he ran into the woods. you know, they may look cute when they're hanging on to mom, but in person, they're fugly!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by dublb
My son's cat is a thief! She steals shiny things, like dimes. Five or six yrs ago she stole my wedding ring & the sapphire ring my husband had just bought me.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend, you know! She looks like she likes the bling.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stacey
Originally Posted by dublb
My son's cat is a thief! She steals shiny things, like dimes. Five or six yrs ago she stole my wedding ring & the sapphire ring my husband had just bought me.
Diamonds are a girl's best friend, you know! She looks like she likes the bling.
Oh Yeah she does!! Some day we'll find her stash full of dimes, nickles, my rings, & whatever else she liked & could fit in her mouth. She couldn't seem to carry quarters. We'd find 'em where she would have dropped 'em. Her name is blue (we named her for the color of her collar) but we sometimes call her A-bu (sp?) for the monkey on the movie Aladdin.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 PM

does anyone have any sugestions as to how to make a cutting table, i am getting a new building for my sewing and i need a cutting table.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:31 PM

nelda--you need to start your own thread. this one is about cats.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:48 PM

The closest thing to that my cat did was to bring home her live animals she hunted, mice, birds for dinner or when she trained her kittens to hunt. Yuck.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:04 PM

I had a cat that brought home white rabbits and eat them. I would find a foot or just fur. I live in town in a regular subdivision. Someone most of been raising them. But you would think they would notice 10 or 15 missing rabbits.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Once we had a porcupine in the yard, we couldn't leave it there because of the cats and dogs, my dogs hated them. My husband had to lasso it and put in the back of the pickup. I rode in the back with it to try to keep it from climbing out. We hauled up into the woods and let it go. I kinda felt like Marlin Perkins on Wild Kingdom. Oh what we do for our pets!
Originally Posted by nancia
my cats only bring me livestock, the usual mice, voles,birds, rabbits, halfarabbits and one baby possum, dead.
since the possum was dead i picked it up by the tail and put it in the trash can with a cover. the next day dh and i were cleaning up the dog yard and he went to put some trash in the can and "haaaaaaaaaaaaaaah' this loud hissing breathing dragon noise greeted him! the little possum was 'playing possum'. we ended up loading the can with the cover strapped on and in the backseat of the open mustang convertible to the closest park, 10 mi away. then the silly thing didn't want to leave the can!
we ended up dumping the can and he ran into the woods. you know, they may look cute when they're hanging on to mom, but in person, they're fugly!
Old 07-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Cal Gal
Once we had a porcupine in the yard, we couldn't leave it there because of the cats and dogs, my dogs hated them. My husband had to lasso it and put in the back of the pickup. I rode in the back with it to try to keep it from climbing out. We hauled up into the woods and let it go. I kinda felt like Marlin Perkins on Wild Kingdom. Oh what we do for our pets!
Originally Posted by nancia
OK, I gotta ask, he picked up a porcupine??????
Old 07-10-2011, 02:38 PM

He used a rope and pole and pulled the porcupine onto a piece of plywood and up into the bed of the pickup. This why I don't want them around my animals.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-224444.jpe