Direct TV Question

Old 03-10-2012, 05:57 AM

We've had Direct TV for the last 7 years. We've had their football package for the last 3 years. I think it is expensive, but the service has been excellent.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:11 AM

We have had Direct TV for almost two years. The cable company wouldn't dig a shallow (Think Florida. Think sand, not soil) 50' ditch to connect us. We waited a year. With Direct TV the pros: Immediate service and troubleshooting if necessary. No trouble with lightning storms. Good quality on HD shows. Vacation shut-off of service is immediate and there are no re-hook-up fees. So far, we have no negatives.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by CRELLA View Post
Does it have a lot of quilting shoes on it i would switch if it does
I don't think there are any good t.v. quilting shows any more. We get Fons & Porter, Quilt In A Day, and Sewing With Nancy (DirecTV), but they are all re-runs. There are a lot of on-line videos now, some free and some not ... these seem to have replaced the t.v. shows.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 AM

I have always been happy with Comcast service, but their cable t.v. pricing is very bad ... every January they dropped channels from the pkg. we had and they upped their prices, so at the end of 2009, we switched to DirecTV. No complaints, so far.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM
QKO

We've had DirecTV since 1994, which was about the time it started. We originally switched from cable, which was hopeless where we lived then. Where we live now Sat TV is all we can get. DirecTV -- Always good customer service, a little spendy but way better in terms of what you get for the money than Dish network. A couple of months ago, our old HD DVR went belly-up. They came out the next day and replaced it with the latest and greatest unit at no cost. So, we're pretty happy with it.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:01 AM

We just recently switched to direct tv, and it's great. Didn't even break up in the thunderstorm we just had. What I like best about it, is that you can start watching one recorded program in one room, pause it and continue watching in another. So often I hate to stop watching in my sewing room, but have to get dinner, so I just continue the program in the kitchen. Cable didn't do that. I don't notice extra programs, but the men in men in my family are happier with the sports selections. Plus, I don't have 2 remotes now - just one does everything! I objected to having the dish mounted on our brand new roof, so they put it on a pole in the backyard that you can't see from the road, or most of the windows. I'm happy!
Old 03-10-2012, 07:39 AM

I switched from Dish to Direct several years ago and never regretted it.
Very few problems and great customer service when there is.
My only complaint is not with Direct but with the stations. There never
seems to anything on. Loads of stations but alot seem to be selling something
but thats not Directs falt. Maybe we could start a movement to improve
programing
Old 03-10-2012, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

We have had Direct TV for years. It's expensive (what isn't!) but there are loads of channels and we only loose the signal in the worst of rainstorms. Every year, as an anniversary gift, they give us three months free of a couple of movie channels, which includes a western channel my hubby enjoys...
Old 03-10-2012, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by sandilee View Post
We are sooo happy we left cable and went satelite. We have had both Dish and Driect. Either one is great. During a storm the cable would go out and stay out for the night until they could get it reparied (and they cut down on their repair staff) but during a storm the satelite may go out for a couple minutes, but its back on......not waiting for the repairman to "fix" the problem.

I also love the DVR that comes with satelite.
Same for us...Cable was a nightmare.
Old 03-10-2012, 09:44 AM

We have had direct tv for about 7 years. We don't have any problems with it at all. We have a couple of DVRs attached to the flatscreens, which adds to your experience. It goes out occasionally when it is really cloudy and stormy but it usually comes back in less than an hour.