Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do they really think we would wear this?? >

Do they really think we would wear this??

Do they really think we would wear this??

Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM
  #31  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lebanon Missouri
Posts: 2,668
Default

Originally Posted by Dee G View Post
"Ready To Wear".......Where? LOL
Not even to a worm wrestling match...
Stitchit123 is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 08:05 AM
  #32  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 20,731
Default

This is a fashion show. These styles are only seen on the runway... to establish the designer and his/her style. These looks are ALWAYS modified for production into 'ready to wear', as the designers have to be able to sell to real people in order to survive.
sewbizgirl is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 AM
  #33  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,369
Default

The one with the gloves looks like she's getting ready to do dishes or scrub the bathroom!

I like the leather jacket!

And yes, someone will wear these things. Probably not to the LQS, though!
Friday1961 is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 09:12 AM
  #34  
Super Member
 
mommafank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Grew up in WV but retired in Between, GA
Posts: 1,046
Default

I saw a couple I might wear if I were model thin.
mommafank is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
  #35  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The other Milwaukie, Oregon
Posts: 1,898
Default

Not only would the average person not be caught dead wearing them; the average person could wear them if they wanted to, especially give that 60% of our population is obese. (me included!) Now we know where the other 40% are hanging out. I wonder what a fashion show would look like if they were designing clothes for the regular population.
maryellen2u is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 01:09 PM
  #36  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dallas area, Texas, USA
Posts: 2,977
Default

I think it's intended as a form of entertainment. I especially LOVE the one with the orange dishwashing gloves and the colorful "bathrobe" to go with it - one of the few things that look as if they might fit me. With that as inspiration I can't wait for Halloween to get here. All it needs to complete the look would be some electric green flip flops and big ole juice can hair curlers.
Rose_P is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 03:11 PM
  #37  
Power Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Southern USA
Posts: 11,776
Default

These clothes are made to be worn one time to one event. The women who buy them know exactly the designer name and what line they are from. Just like quilters know a log cabin from a double wedding ring pattern. I can't imagine living in the society that wears outfits like this but there are thousands that live it everyday.
Onebyone is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
  #38  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 9,018
Default

They look like Halloween costumes for very skinny girls......
Geri B is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 03:29 PM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Onetomatoplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 554
Default

What kills me is many of the outfits don't look good on the models! If they don't look good on them, they're definitely not going to look good on me! And, if I can help it, my feet are never going into another pair of high heels as long as they live.
Onetomatoplant is offline  
Old 03-03-2014, 07:40 PM
  #40  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Grants Pass, OR
Posts: 2,071
Default

I was told that it is not so much the clothes, but the colors and the way the clothes are put together that is what they are trying to achieve. I actually like the olive green (?) coat and the outfit she has on too. That said, I am not 6'12" so it would not look nice on me. Looks great on her. Dig the silly hats and head coverings.
Iraxy is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
J Miller
For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
17
12-20-2012 12:34 PM
karensue
For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
4
04-01-2012 02:42 AM
Jabear617
Pictures
63
08-06-2011 05:49 PM
blzzrdqueen
Main
7
05-27-2009 04:12 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


FREE Quilting Newsletter


SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.