Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do they still.........

sell tupperware in the USA? We used to have it over here (20 years ago), but they just don't sell it in the UK anymore!

Hugs

Yes.

They sell it all over Canada still.

bj
    For awhile, it was available in limited selection at Target. I don't know if that is still true.

Blog Entries
    yes, we still have it in the USA

Yep and if you are interested just google tupperware and most of the 'hostesses' have web sites. I have ordered through one that was online. If you send me your e-mail through PM I will send you the next ad I get online.

Yes. I haven't seen a party here is years though.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    All my tupperware ladies sell online only. No parties except for catalog. I lvoe tupperware still and the new colors.

I love the hamburger press (I yanked it from my dads house two years ago and haven't given it back it was my great aunts) and use it often during the summer monthes. Although I never freeze my burgers, I always make them fresh, still love it.

I was at a party about a month ago :-D Seems a bit pricey..a large mixing bowl with lid..one bowl..was $43 by the time you pay tax and shipping. :!: :!: :!: But I brought one with me when I got divorced 11 years ago, and its still in excellent condition, and I wanted another before cookie season gets here :!: :lol:

I havn't heard of a Tupperware party around here in years. I would love to find someone who sells it. I have a lot of broken stuff I want to exchange.

I see Tupperware sellers in some shopping centers. I know there's one that sets up in downtown Dallas (Texas)

Blog Entries
    I'd forgotten about them for years, saw some at a local church sale where the lady had some lovely, brilliant colors in them.

I still have some that I swear must be over 40 years old, and they are still going strong. Lost the lids on some, but they sure do hold up. Getting real pricy now, but probably will be still in use when my GGDs start cooking. Sometimes it pays to get the best, instead of constantly having to replace something.

Blog Entries
    I found some Tupperware canisters on ebay a few years ago. Love them for being so air tight.

Blog Entries
    Saw some at the mall the other day.

Blog Entries
    I used to sell it in the early sixties, and I am still using what I bought for myself at the time! It might seem expensive when you buy it, but if it lasts 45 years, then you really can't complain, can you?

Edit: Just Googled, and found a link for Tupperware in the UK and Ireland:
    http://www.tupperware.co.uk/xchg/uk-ie/hs.xsl/67.html

Blog Entries
    they were selling it in the target and meijer shops..

i still have the white ham container..(it is not white anymore!)
    the saltine holder, love my tupperware.
    i was at a party this summer, a yard party. it was fun!

DD is a dealer. Tupperware is so expensive but she informs me of all the sales. She even got some of my "old" stuff replaced.

It is all over ebay, both old and vintage. I have a few pieces I got at yard sales, but most of my stuff is freebies such as margarine containers, etc. Can't beat free!! even if it doesn't last, you are always buying more margarine or whatever.

Blog Entries
    Come to think about it, the two huge plastic containers with lids that I keep the cat food in are both old, old Tupperware containers. Stained on both of them, but still air tight. Each holds about the size of a 10 pound or more sack of sugar. Don't really remember how old, but at least 30 years. Like I said before, it pays to get the best you can afford, so you won't have to be constantly replacing it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight
    DD is a dealer. Tupperware is so expensive but she informs me of all the sales. She even got some of my "old" stuff replaced.
    ------------------------------
    Could you explain the "replaced" part? Do you mean that if it breaks or is in bad condition it will be replaced?

I had one of the little round two ounce containers with lid, that I found in a phone booth (had change in it). I recently got a set of 7 more, different colors. I am wondering what they are used for. Occasionally I have a use for one but I don't regularly save tiny 2 ounce smidges of things. There must be another reason for them.

Blog Entries
    the 2 ounce containers, i put salad dressing in them..like italian, for my husbands salads..to take to work. they don't leak!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight
    ------------------------------
    Could you explain the "replaced" part? Do you mean that if it breaks or is in bad condition it will be replaced?
    One of the main selling points in the sixties when I was selling it was that it came with a lifetime guarantee! Though I don't think that kicks in when your mother in law melts some of it, as mine did! LOL.

The last lot of Tupperware I bought was about 25 years ago, but still in tip top condition. I remember thinking it was a bit expensive at the time, but when you are at one of the house parties, you feel a bit obliged to buy something, but i do not regret it now, as I use the pieces a lot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast