Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68

Thread: Do you spoil your cats?

  1. #1
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    Do you spoil your cats?

  2. #2
    Marjpf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles Area
    Posts
    1,915
    Spoil them rotten. What else are they for?

  3. #3
    Senior Member Rachel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    918
    Yes, yes and yes (I have three, tee hee)

  4. #4
    Super Member thequilterslink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    NW PA
    Posts
    2,682
    Mine allow me to live here as long as i feed them, dont' forget to buy them treats and let them lay on any quilt they want to

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,657
    Um, yes. Is that even a question you need to ask?? :)

  6. #6
    Power Poster MadQuilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    ELVERTA, CA
    Posts
    15,265
    Blog Entries
    1
    We are their servants - it is our duty!

  7. #7
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    30,667
    Blog Entries
    194
    I don't have a cat, but would like to get some. Hubby doesn't like cats.

  8. #8
    Moderator littlehud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    32,958
    Mine are very spoiled. That's the way I like them.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, TX
    Posts
    347
    My cats are not spoiled, I'm just very well trained!

  10. #10
    Super Member zyxquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    So. California
    Posts
    3,806
    zzyzx the cat (my avatar) had her own fleece sleeping bag, along with many other pieces of fleece all around the house. She too was really the home owner & just allowed me to stay to keep the water dish filled & treat her with chicken, cream cheese (she liked that almost more than chicken!) & the occasional ginger snap! lol

  11. #11
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    new york state
    Posts
    10,516
    Blog Entries
    2
    Is there any other way? I have 3 and they all keep me in line. They let me know when its breakfast lunch dinner and treat time.

  12. #12
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    :lol: A spoiled cat? Mine makes me turn on the bathroom sink so she can get a drink. She stands on my chest every morning and yells at me to wake me up and steps on my pc and pushes me out of my spot on the couch.
    Spoiled? Naaaaahhhhh.

  13. #13
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    We are their servants - it is our duty!
    exactly, I have a sign that says..."The cat lives here with "HER" housekeeping staff."

  14. #14
    Senior Member renee765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    955
    Of course I spoil my cats. That is obviously my reason for existence. I am hoping, however, that someday, perhaps in another life or dimension, I will discover that my cats were reporting back to someone on how they were treated, and I will be rewarded for my good behavior.

  15. #15
    Senior Member gramqlts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    689
    Mine is 13 years old this month. We got him when he was 5 wks old. His name is Purvis, he is a Maine Coon and weighs 19 lbs. Just a little feller. He's not spoiled in the least....he just has me well trained.

  16. #16
    Super Member chris_quilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    leavenworth, ks
    Posts
    3,029
    Blog Entries
    19
    I, too, confess to being well trained as wait staff for my three well-loved cats. I know all cats are not spoiled but would that it were so. Also wish all were neutered, spayed or bred responsibly to cut down on the number of unwanted cats, strays, and the euthanasia rate in the country.

  17. #17
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by renee765
    Of course I spoil my cats. That is obviously my reason for existence. I am hoping, however, that someday, perhaps in another life or dimension, I will discover that my cats were reporting back to someone on how they were treated, and I will be rewarded for my good behavior.
    Love it! :lol:

  18. #18
    Moderator tlrnhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In the middle of a mess...
    Posts
    19,993
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Do you spoil your cats?
    Can you define spoil?
    If you mean I give them great food, comfy places to sleep (to include the top of my head and my stash), sunbathe, all the hugs and kisses they want/need. Clean litterbox, toys and treats. Traveling to exotic places.....well, then YES, I spoil my cats.

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    West Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    104
    That's what cats are for. To keep us warm at night and to make sure that we are up on time. Whether we need to be or not.

  20. #20
    Seanette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    164
    DianD, You sound like me (trained cat slave). My cat even sleeps on my pillow, whether I'm using it or not. He's currently sulking because he's been closed out of the bedroom (need to protect the batting I have spread out on the bed from both him and the bird).

  21. #21
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    :lol: A spoiled cat? Mine makes me turn on the bathroom sink so she can get a drink. She stands on my chest every morning and yells at me to wake me up and steps on my pc and pushes me out of my spot on the couch.
    Spoiled? Naaaaahhhhh.
    I wonder if our cats are related, ours walks up and down both of us to get us out of bed. Her mother will only drink from the faucet. Kola lays in front of my keyboard, on my wrist-pad for my mouse. Lays down between the monitor and keyboard and demands I keep my desk lamp on for her own personal heat-lamp.

  22. #22
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    :lol: A spoiled cat? Mine makes me turn on the bathroom sink so she can get a drink. She stands on my chest every morning and yells at me to wake me up and steps on my pc and pushes me out of my spot on the couch.
    Spoiled? Naaaaahhhhh.
    I wonder if our cats are related, ours walks up and down both of us to get us out of bed. Her mother will only drink from the faucet. Kola lays in front of my keyboard, on my wrist-pad for my mouse. Lays down between the monitor and keyboard and demands I keep my desk lamp on for her own personal heat-lamp.


    :lol: :lol: our cats are something, huh? Mine will be 19 April 6th and she still acts like she is 2! She runs this household.

  23. #23
    Seanette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    164
    Felix is coming up on 17 (we adopted him May 13, 1995, at an estimated age of 2). He's getting a bit frail and sometimes a little stiff, but seems to be doing well for his age.

  24. #24
    Super Member Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in Time
    Posts
    2,129
    Blog Entries
    2
    Who? Me??????? Are you serious???????????? :twisted:

  25. #25
    Super Member Chasing Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    7,577
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    :lol: A spoiled cat? Mine makes me turn on the bathroom sink so she can get a drink. She stands on my chest every morning and yells at me to wake me up and steps on my pc and pushes me out of my spot on the couch.
    Spoiled? Naaaaahhhhh.
    I wonder if our cats are related, ours walks up and down both of us to get us out of bed. Her mother will only drink from the faucet. Kola lays in front of my keyboard, on my wrist-pad for my mouse. Lays down between the monitor and keyboard and demands I keep my desk lamp on for her own personal heat-lamp.


    :lol: :lol: our cats are something, huh? Mine will be 19 April 6th and she still acts like she is 2! She runs this household.
    Kola will be 7 about that same time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.