Do you spoil your dogs ?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Google Goddess

Do you spoil your dogs?
Yes, I have a shih tzu dog who will be 7 years old next month and he is spoiled.

We got him from a couple that had him since birth but they decided that needed to find him a new home because of traveling and work.

I was at a fiber show March 2009 and heard ladies talking about a dog that her daughter was going to give away. So I asked her about the dog, that was on a Saturday. She gave me her daughters phone # so I called and talked to her the next day and we went and picked him up.

His hair was all matted, so got appt. with dog groomer that week and vet appointment. They told us that he was not a lap dog, but he is. The same night we brought him home he was sitting on his chair next to my recliner and he got on my lap.

He is spoiled rotten. He likes to sleep in our bed but he likes to sleep on hubby's pillow so we kick hubby out of bed. Ha! Ha!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM

My mineature shih tzu was a year old two weeks ago. She is the love of our lives now that the kids are on their own and we are both retired. Her name is Lily. We got her in June. YES she is very spoiled, but minds well.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:00 PM

Crafty bear, does your dog eat human food? Lily sleeps with us, but likes to keep our feet warm:)
Old 03-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Banned

Of course ! My kids would probably tell you the dogs are treated better than they are :)
Old 03-26-2010, 01:19 PM

What else are they for? I tried not to spoil the children so they would be acceptable members of society, but the pets? That's a whole different matter. After all we the only one's that have to put up with them. They sleep on the bed (under the covers), get their treats everyday, and get more petting and attention than you could even imagine.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:22 PM

My Cow(Boston terrier) owns every single person in my house.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:26 PM

You mean they aren't supposed to be spoiled? When my dog was alive I would give away my hubby to anyone who wanted him. Kids next, but NEVER my furry friend.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Well, I think if it more as treating them as well as they deserve! (:

We cook for our three boxers, even when we had five we cooked all their food, all human grade ingredients. They have the run of the house, consider the leather couch "theirs" exclusively. We keep a Tahoe in addition to the Prius just so we have a "dog wagon" so they can go along! (: Life would be so dull without them!
Old 03-26-2010, 01:48 PM

Lily goes everywhere we go if at all possible. We do have to think of her comfort and safety now and then. She eats only expensive dog food. Once in awhile we give her plain chicken. She waits for us to drop popcorn, so we usually drop it on purpose..Athome what do you fix for your babies?
Old 03-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Spoiled? My friends and family say that if there is such a thing as reincarnation they want to come back as one of my dogs!