Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all? >

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 PM

Yup, sure do. I try to snap out of it, cause I am not a real nice person during those times. It will pass. I try to find something to keep me occupied or I like to do.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:47 PM

[quote=Ps 150]
Originally Posted by Kathios
...now if I can only get past all of these hot flashes! :lol:
Oh, the hot flashes!!! I started meno during the summer in Phoenix, AZ where it can be 120 degrees. Would get so hot I would feel as if I couldn't breathe or catch my breath. Would stand in front of the air conditioning register until they would go away.
After summer changed to winter I figured out that it wasn't just the summer weather! It has been 20 years now and we have moved away and the dang hot flashes have mostly subsided but will sneak up occasionally. Luckily the last one hit during the winter when it was about 16 degress outside so I just stepped outside to cool off and melted some snow while catching my breath. I have always wondered why we don't loose weight while experiencing menopause. Seems like generating all that heat would require burning up some major calories. Ann in TN
Old 07-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Yes, I especially have trouble in the winter months when daylight is short. I take mega vitamin D (in winter) and try to walk my dogs as much as possible. It's 2 miles around my block (obviously I live in the sticks!) and once a week we try to go to a park or walk with some human and doggie friends. Even if it's the last thing I feel like doing, I always feel better afterwards. The fresh air, exercise and quiet time do me a world of good. Hang in there...remember, someone always has it worse.

How about volunteering for a cause. My dogs are both therapy dogs and we are involved in a group called Roxy Reading. We go to schools and kids read to them (it helps with confidence and courage. Tomorrow we start a new program and go to the courthouse to help kids who are testifying in court. I always feel wonderful after working with the dogs and kids. Happy thoughts being sent your way!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:08 PM

I still own a VCR - I know they are out of style - but - it works for me. I taped several sessions of "Dancing With the Stars" and when I get sort of down, I turn it on and dance along. It's a great spirit lifter and it makes me feel empowered.
If you have PBS in your town, watch for the specials and tape those. They are great and I never tire of looking at them.

Tonight the 4th of July special is on in Was. D.C. Taping it right now!
Old 07-04-2011, 07:11 PM
Google Goddess

Hugs to all of you!

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy
WOW! I have toyed with the idea of posting something similar to this one but thought, why bother anyone with my issues. I DO have a long awaited physical scheduled tomorrow morning. I WILL get back on a "happy pill" of some sort. Got off about six months ago when script ran out. Felt I was doing good until about a month ago. Then the "waterfalls" just start and have a hard time turning them off. (tears) Figure this is mostly depression as I have dealt with the chemical imbalance since 85. Now throw in menapause. UGH! On top of that, my husband is now disabled, now completely but close enough, and I am expected to do some much for him, plus work 40 hrs a week. I think that is what is bringing me down so much. I need to find a support group to help my balance all this out. or at least get it a bit more even. Quilting is my sanity, my therapy! I have my own sewing room with my computer and can sit in here and sew, chat on this board like now, or just cry! Gotta bring a box of tissues in here though! lol
Thanks y'all for being here and a sounding board! I have no family here to talk to about this. Which talking is a great therapy too, if you can get past those pesky waterfalls!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-221052.gif  
Old 07-04-2011, 08:11 PM

It used to happen to me often. I went to the Doctor.He said the answer is DRUGS, Actually, I just take a nap and try not to worry about it.(Not much help am I?)
Old 07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Dee

Yes, that feeling is very normal. I get that way when its cloudy and rainy for a few days in a row. I get busy sewing and all is better.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by nyelphaba
It happens to me frequently, I call it menopause.

I was about to say the same thing or possibly peri-menopause. If you haven't been to see you Gynocoligist lately sounds like it's time for a chat with them. Hang in it can get better with help today. {{{{Hugs}}}} :D
Old 07-04-2011, 11:36 PM

I've had lots of those. It seems like they come on for no reason. I'm going to be 76 this month, so it's not menopause (I hope ) ;-) In all these years, women have called to talk to me about their 'blues' because they always say that I never am 'down'. Little do they know! I have 6 daughters and 3 sisters, all thinking I'm always cheerful. I should win an award! I find that cheerful peppy music and getting busy with an project usually snaps me out. Later, it gives me a bit of a measuring stick and insight into the saddess that some have all the time. I think it is good to feel it once in awhile, just to give us better understanding. Next time, force yourself to do something nice for someone. A call, a cookie for the next door neighbor, pet your dog or cat. It will fix you, promise! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 07-05-2011, 12:30 AM

For me it didn't go away. My sleep cycle was affected. My blues led to crying and my appetite was a mess. Didn't want to eat. Then I would have days when I just wanted to sleep all the time. Enough! Got referal to psychologist, talked a couple of times, then to a psychiatrist for medication (NOT WELBRUTRAN-really puts the weight on) Found one that worked and life looks a lot different now. I am 61. Talking to the psychologist a bit more helps too. Better that spilling every thing on every friend I have. That's my story. I'm stickin to it. fbs810