Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all? >

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Do you ever feel blue for no reason at all?

Old 07-04-2011, 11:57 AM

not only do we need them, but what works for you might not be good for me or my best friend. thank goodness there are many different kinds to choose from.....
Old 07-04-2011, 12:17 PM

WOW! I have toyed with the idea of posting something similar to this one but thought, why bother anyone with my issues. I DO have a long awaited physical scheduled tomorrow morning. I WILL get back on a "happy pill" of some sort. Got off about six months ago when script ran out. Felt I was doing good until about a month ago. Then the "waterfalls" just start and have a hard time turning them off. (tears) Figure this is mostly depression as I have dealt with the chemical imbalance since 85. Now throw in menapause. UGH! On top of that, my husband is now disabled, now completely but close enough, and I am expected to do some much for him, plus work 40 hrs a week. I think that is what is bringing me down so much. I need to find a support group to help my balance all this out. or at least get it a bit more even. Quilting is my sanity, my therapy! I have my own sewing room with my computer and can sit in here and sew, chat on this board like now, or just cry! Gotta bring a box of tissues in here though! lol
Thanks y'all for being here and a sounding board! I have no family here to talk to about this. Which talking is a great therapy too, if you can get past those pesky waterfalls!
Old 07-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Power Poster

I fight it almost everyday even though I am an optimistic, positive person. :-)
Old 07-04-2011, 12:50 PM

I feel blue sometimes....and you are right, it comes at me out of left field! I think it is because I am at the point in my life where the kids are grown and starting to live their own lives but now DH and I are dealing with parents who are becoming more *needy* and, sometimes, difficult to deal with. I generally just try to spend some time with friends who are going through the same things I am. It passes.

I do have several friends who are taking *happy pills* and they do seem to help!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:01 PM

To be honest, I felt this way alot when I babysat my DGC. I loved them to death, but week-end after week-end, I was asked to baby sit for one daughter or an other. I think I resented being taken for granded, not that I had anything else to do. I was a widow. I finally learned to say no without guilt. Then when I did babysit, I was happy to do it. If the "blues" last too long, make sure you check in with your DR.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:24 PM

Me too! Yes, when things are going along nicely and than bam, blues. It's like waiting for the other shoe to drop, hard to explain. After a few hours the feeling passes, must be hormones.
Old 07-04-2011, 01:38 PM

I count my blessings all the time but that doesn't change my depression. I don't have a particular reason to be sad, and that is what makes it so hard. Why do I feel this way when I have so much to be grateful for and others have so little? Clinical depression isn't about situations or losses; the chemical imbalance causes the emotions for no apparent reason at all. I take three medications but still battle those terribly sad days like today. It's a tough battle for everyone who deals with this problem.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:42 PM

I believe that we are so use to being busy, that when it gets slow around us, we have time to think. This weekend my husband had a cold and I had a bad knee and we missed a cookout, and our immediate family lives out of town. I can hardly wait for Tuesday, so I can start my new week.
You are not alone.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM

You are not alone, I meditate.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:45 PM

We can;t be happy all the time. Life has irts ups and downs if the downs stay too long seek help
ceegee