Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you have short, long or fake finger nails? >

Do you have short, long or fake finger nails?

Do you have short, long or fake finger nails?

Old 06-16-2010, 03:43 AM

Only my own.......try to keep them a comfortable length, unless going to a special affair.

They grow pretty fast especially around housecleaning time...seems rather odd but they grow when the hands are in water...I guess like flowers..lololol

If one nail breaks, they all get cut...can't stand to have one really short nail and the rest long.......quirky, huh?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 AM

Never fake, they look...well, fake. My nails are hard and grow very fast so I clip them frequently. If a special affair is coming up it only takes a month for them to be long. Last month they were very long and I caught the thumbnail trying to open up a lawn chair. After almost passing out I realized it had been bent backwards and was standing up at a 90 degree angle to the nailbed! It took a second to see that I had to bend it down to put it in place. Yow!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:42 AM

My nails are long with an acrylic coating on top (I have short fingers), and my nail polish is a different color on each nail -- the new Shrek colors. I am 76 years old!
Old 06-16-2010, 08:53 AM

I am in awe! You go girl!

Originally Posted by QUILTKNIT1
My nails are long with an acrylic coating on top (I have short fingers), and my nail polish is a different color on each nail -- the new Shrek colors. I am 76 years old!
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 AM

Mine are quite long and very strong. I've never used false nails, and I usually wear nail polish (clear or pale pink)
Ive always had longish nails... all the girls I worked with in the rag trade had long nails....if those machine needles were going to hit anything it was our nails and not our fingers ! lol!

Karen xx
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 AM

Mine have to be short. I can't stand when they get long. I am a bookkeeper and when my nails are longer I make lots of mistakes on my keypads!
Old 06-16-2010, 10:43 AM

I have always said I would give anything but my acrylic nails and my cleaning ladies. I have had acrylic nails for 20 years. I wear bright colors (e.g. reds, pinks); occasionally wear blue on my toes in the summer. My bright nails are for me ... they make me smile and I love them. I'm not giving them up. I'll be the one in the nursing with "shameless hussy red" nails.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:53 AM

Mine are real, not very long but they are very strong. I do not like polish on my nails. My toenails are kept quite short. I like to polish those. My favorite color to use on my toes is blue. Right now I have on a denim lapis (metallic blue).
Old 06-16-2010, 11:06 AM

my nails are my own because i bought them for me. they're long enough to push fabric under the presser foot without breaking. the nails i was born with are soft and bendy and full of ridges (hereditary) and they crack and split. i wear nail polish in whatever is my color of that week. or no color. my hair is dark brown.
that's lady clairol's gift to me. my fortune cookie said that when i can't lift my arms any more, my hair will then be steel grey.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Like most real men, I keep my nails short. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: