Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you let your housework go? >

Do you let your housework go?

Do you let your housework go?

Old 07-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

what a kick! When I die I want people to come together and show off all the quilts I gifted over all these years. No one will say anything about my clean house but my creativity will shine! Hopefully there will be nice things said!

All my friends know they might have to rinse a glass out if they want to use one at my house.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:59 PM

I have a problem, and Im not going to blame quilting on it.. I was brought up with help in the house, and went to school from 8:00 to 5:00.. I don't have a clue how to clean.. I do my best.. but I think I have the attention span of a humming bird.. I find way too many things I'd rather do, and try to stay on target, but it doesn't happen.. I don't think I'd like to have someone come in to clean, as I would be embarrassed.. Sort of like a lazy slug.. I also put in long hours at work, and I never know when I have to leave.. It's a little funny when I find slivers in different area, and I know they hitched a ride on the dog.. He doesn't seem to care what the place looks like..
Old 07-09-2012, 04:04 PM

Housework????? Don't they have an APP for that?
Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM

I live with my cat so I do not have to please anyone but me. Also I House/pet set so I am not home that much
Old 07-09-2012, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Sewing first, housework second. It will wait for me because it's not as if someone will fight me for the job.
hahahahahahahaha!!! How true is this statement?!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:16 PM

I always had a very clean house. you have to when you have 7 bedrooms and 5.5 bathrooms. Quilting came into my life, it is clean and people stop by at all hours, I don't care, because the house is always presentable, but they might not notice the dust I do.A housekeeper helps! When I get up in the morning I take an hour to clean, red up. Then I do whatever I want. Summer is harder to quilt because I want to be outside. gardens to tend to or go to the lake and swim.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:19 PM

You and me both!

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
You need an hour to prepare for guests? I need a week!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:48 PM

Which makes you happy house cleaning or quilting? Why quilting of course! Besides cleaning and dusting every day wears out your furniture. That's by story and I'm sticking to it!!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
You need an hour to prepare for guests? I need a week!
Me too, at least a week, or more. Since I live alone, I'm the only one who cares if everything is clean, except for my cat and she doesn't care as long as her food dish is full. Quilting is a hobby that just does not lend itself to keeping a clean house. Just when I get all my fabrics put away it's time to start a new quilt and drag out about 100 other fabrics to try out.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:11 PM

Your not alone I used to clean a lot more and almost feel quilty not doing it like I used to but quilting has taken over and then there is my crocheting so the house I pick up before I go to bed. I try to do some housework daily until lunchtime DH likes to eat daily and then I go to the computer/sewing room and do my thing and then DH is ready for dinner and sometimes I will sew after dinner or cross stitch the dolphin I've started a while ago and then my DD reminded me she would love another afghan winter is coming and of course she wants some hats and scarfs and I also like to read there just isn't enough time for housework. DH likes his TV when he finishes his other work or it's way to hot right now to work outside in the aft so it works. Let the kitties enjoy the house and if someone wants to come by and check if you cleaned let the kitties tell them a story about the quilting. Sue