Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you make the gifts in jars Jar Mix Recipes (Cookies, Hot Chocolate, Mixes etc.) >

Do you make the gifts in jars Jar Mix Recipes (Cookies, Hot Chocolate, Mixes etc.)

Do you make the gifts in jars Jar Mix Recipes (Cookies, Hot Chocolate, Mixes etc.)

Old 10-08-2010, 08:02 AM

I'v done both.......this past christmas I did the small canning jars with homemade Chai Tea mix. It was wonderful. Designed homemade tags and tied on to jar rings. I use to be able purchase chai tea, but longer can find unless it's really expensive and I spend my money on fabric.......so I did some research and found a perfect recipe. Also include a Fabric folded christmas ornament for each that I gave.
Love doing the gift mixes.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:16 AM
Power Poster

Wow! These are really interesting ideas! Could people post the websites for their favorite recipes/ornaments, etc.? I know I will get hundreds of hits if I Google, but I can't tell a good recipe from a bad recipe by looking at it.....
Old 10-08-2010, 08:18 AM

I do a Pancake a Lemon Square and a Tea Biscuit mix mostly for friends and family many of them like it in the summer quick to make when camping also.I love the idea of the wooden spoons and bows this is a great idea! Thanks for sharing this.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Chai Tea came from Allrecipes.com

As to the ornaments I will post when I get home. Waiting for my ladies to get theirs in the mail from the ornament exchange.

Originally Posted by Prism99
Wow! These are really interesting ideas! Could people post the websites for their favorite recipes/ornaments, etc.? I know I will get hundreds of hits if I Google, but I can't tell a good recipe from a bad recipe by looking at it.....
Old 10-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Tru Peach, I get jars at goodwill and thrift stores. You can pick up a box of quart size for like $3.
I am sure I can and if I was able to go to goodwill I would. However it is only me and DD and since her injury last year the church does our grocery shopping. Food is a necessity I couldn't impose upon them to go to goodwill for me. I hate it when I have to ask them to go to the post office to mail something for a swap that is why I do so few swaps.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:57 AM

I've done Oatmeal Chocolate Chips cookies in layers in a Mason Jar for the girls at work...At one time we were exchanging with 7 girls at the 3 stores. We had a $5 limit so this was appreciated by all.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Tru Peach, I get jars at goodwill and thrift stores. You can pick up a box of quart size for like $3.
I am sure I can and if I was able to go to goodwill I would. However it is only me and DD and since her injury last year the church does our grocery shopping. Food is a necessity I couldn't impose upon them to go to goodwill for me. I hate it when I have to ask them to go to the post office to mail something for a swap that is why I do so few swaps.
Trupeach, if I was the church person, it wouldn't be an imposition. This also could be something a girlscout does. Think of the fun, you could talk to a potential girlscout about fabric and making these type of gifts. They may even decide to do a project as well.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:13 PM

Alright now!!! So where are the recipes for all these wonderful sounding goodies!!?? :?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM

I did mint chocolate chip cookies with swirled chips as teacher gifts for my kids to give a few years ago.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Alright now!!! So where are the recipes for all these wonderful sounding goodies!!?? :?
This.