Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you remember ALL your previous addresses? >

Do you remember ALL your previous addresses?

Do you remember ALL your previous addresses?

Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 PM

I still remember the street I lived on when I started school . East Davidson Street . Then we moved to a street I can't remember but I lived next to the Telephone Switch Exchange building . Then we moved to Pleasant Ave near the Shopping Center in Bartow, Fl Since I have been married I have lived in Pensacola FL for about 3 years while in the Navy, then in a trailer out side of Bartow on Tish Drive , then we bought the house we are in now, Spicewood Dr which is in Lakeland FL.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:10 PM

We have lived in the same house for 25 years and have had 3 addresses! First was a rural route, then we got an actual street name and number. Finally our county got 911 so we had to have new addresses again. This last one occured after one of the daughters had gone to college and all the paper work she had to fill out with new address. She wasn't impressed. Before moving here I had only lived in 2 other houses and I still know all of these addresses!! I'm guessing that's pretty good for my 50 year old brain!!
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

did they charge your credit card? if so you can dispute them there. also you might look up the company in the Better Business Bureau and see if they are listed. if so put in a complaint. Everybody is a crook these days!!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Heck no... and, amazing as it may sound...I even forgot I lived in one community! When DH and I were married, he lived/worked in a community about 50 miles from where I lived/worked. We were married at the end of June and we moved back to where my job was at the end of August so, honestly, I only lived there for about 6 weeks. Anyway, fast forward a few years and I was picking up our children from our daycare provider whose daughter played HS basketball. She was going to be going to a basketball game that night and asked me if I knew how to get to ***. Well, I said, "I've heard of it but I don't really know how to get there." Then, that night I mentioned the conversation to DH and there was total silence...and then he said..."We LIVED there!!!" Duh!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:11 AM

I can remember all my addresses... but not the phone numbers. I remember 3 phone numbers..but not the very first number. We lived in Milw when I was born.. then when I was 8 we moved north. We lived in that house for 7 years until we built out log home, then I married..been here ever since.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 AM

To receive the security clearance I have for my job, I was was required to list all addresses SINCE BIRTH, every school I attended and every job since I began working at the age of 14. It took days for me to complete the paperwork and months to complete the security clearance.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by katykwilt
My DH recently filled out paperwork for a new job, but couldn't remember the street address in antoher state where we lived 20 years ago. I went on the web to whitepages.com and found a link for a site (Intelius.com) that can do all types of searches. There was a special for 95 cents, so I used my credit card to pay for it. Found out today that I've been charged for 3 additional specials for $19.95 each. According to their customer service, they sent me emails regarding these and didn't hear from me declining their offers, so initiated the programs. Doesn't that just frost you? I told them I didn't approve those charges, haven't used the services, etc. I was told they would cancel them w/o further charges until I said this was a real scam and thought I'd report them (not sure who to at the time, but. . .) They credited $40 in the end.

Just thought I'd pass on a warning about those emails that pop up in our boxes. Sometimes it doesn't pay to just delete things.
File a complaint with the FTC. These guys still owe you another $20.
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Also file one with ConsumerAffairs.com if you want to spread the word about this company to a wider audience.
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/

Negative Option marketing (where you have to say you don't want something in order not to be charged for it) is illegal in the state of Michigan. It is included in the Michigan Consumer Protection Act. You can file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the Michigan Attorney General's office.
http://www.michigan.gov/ag/0,1607,7-...2077--,00.html

Good luck.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by scrapnut View Post
To receive the security clearance I have for my job, I was was required to list all addresses SINCE BIRTH, every school I attended and every job since I began working at the age of 14. It took days for me to complete the paperwork and months to complete the security clearance.
If I was applying for your job, I would be in trouble. With the exception of my first job (teaching) every place I ever worked has gone out of business, even the two businesses I started and later sold.
If a business or a charity, for that matter, sends an unsolicited item, you not only do not have to pay for it, you need not return it. It is yours. A legitimate business may ask you once to pay for it or return it, but it is not your responsibility. In my case, if they provide the mailing material and postage, I might. But they are asking you to do work that you are not obligated to do.

Last edited by alwayslearning; 03-05-2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: clarity