Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Do you run a fan when you sleep? >

Do you run a fan when you sleep?

Do you run a fan when you sleep?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:26 AM

Unfortunately, yes. My boyfriend always has to have one on and I HATE it! I always wake up feeling all stuffed up, kind of like I am sick. And in the Winter time it is very cold.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:27 AM

Oh yes I do, that is a carry over from my menopause days, and now it is a habit. :-D :-D
Old 06-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Power Poster

Yep I have the fan running at night for the breeze and the noise.. I also have to have the TV until I fall asleep :roll: Love my sleep timer :thumbup: LOL
Old 06-27-2010, 06:53 AM

Yes, with central AC and overhead fan I run a fan directly on me for moving air. For the noise and the moving air. I take it with me when I travel to daughter's home. Overhead fans are in every room of the house and we have a "heat exchange" energy efficient furnace, but I still move my fan around. Hottest day I have had this year was in NE when it hit 94 degrees; that did not stop us from shop hopping.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

I blame my dad for my white noise addiction! LOL When I was a baby he insisted on putting my crib by the tv while the tv was on to teach me to sleep through any noise. It worked I am a deep sleeper but I can't sleep without my fan!! When the electricity goes off and I can't have a fan running it drives me insane!! We were without power about 3 winters ago for 5 days and I had a hard time sleeping! We had reasonable heat in the house due to our gas stove but no fans or sewing machine for 5 days! :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate waking up even in the summer to a power outage no matter how short with my fan not on! I feel claustrophobic without it!! I feel like I can't breathe without that air flow that I am used to!! Kind of like a sudden vacuum!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:35 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I blame my dad for my white noise addiction! LOL When I was a baby he insisted on putting my crib by the tv while the tv was on to teach me to sleep through any noise. It worked I am a deep sleeper but I can't sleep without my fan!! When the electricity goes off and I can't have a fan running it drives me insane!! We were without power about 3 winters ago for 5 days and I had a hard time sleeping! We had reasonable heat in the house due to our gas stove but no fans or sewing machine for 5 days! :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate waking up even in the summer to a power outage no matter how short with my fan not on! I feel claustrophobic without it!! I feel like I can't breathe without that air flow that I am used to!! Kind of like a sudden vacuum!
You explained how I feel to a t!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:38 AM

If you are crazy so am I.We sleap with the air on celing fan and a oselating stick fan at the foot of the bed! so hard to keep cool.Can't sleap without my quilt! In the winter we have the heat on but still keep the fan on!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 AM

yes ceiling fans on slow all day, and ac in the summer.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:52 AM

I don't need a fan on to sleep and don't care to have it blow on me but do like the have the air in the house circulating. Maybe I can use you gals to help me convince DH that having central AC and window and ceiling fans means you should use them especially when it's hot and muggy. If it isn't too hot or humid at night I do like to turn the AC off and keep the window and ceiling fans on to put a little moisture back into the house. He usually turns the AC down but leaves the windows closed, I can't seem to breath when he does that. Right now I'm sitting here dressed in a tee shirt and my underpants as the bathroom is still steaming after my shower. I need to get dressed as we should leave for my nephew's house in about 1/2 hour. I'm turning the AC back on, won't cool bathroom off enough for me to get dressed in their right now, but it will be nice and cool when we return home as it's a hot and humid day here in Jersey. May in Jersey
Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Power Poster

I often think people would call me crazy if they saw how I sleep. My mom bought us each a blanket for Christmas one year and we use them in our bed. Due to muscle problems my DH moves constantly all night and he has a left over habit from Viet Nam of rolling up in his blanket. So we both have our own blankets. Mine is sort of like fleece and is so soft. Another sensory thing for sleeping! LOL So in the summer I still have the AC on in the deep heat of summer and the fans on and am curled up in my blanket to sleep. I sleep so much better that way than having the AC off and no blankets. People would call me crazy for sleeping like it is winter time but it is more relaxing that way. When it does get colder outside it may be too cold to have the air on my face but I still have the fan on just turn it backwards and it moves the air without having the air right on us. Works for us! Dh isn't as tied into haveing it on but he enjoys it too when I turn it on.