Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

Blog Entries
    Ever have a dream and you yelled out in your sleep????

Well, I did last night!

I was dreaming that I was being physically attacked and no one was paying attention to my cries for help. Then I remembered reading that people don't want to get involved when they hear "HELP", but come running when they hear, "FIRE". So in my dream, and in my bed, I started yelling, "FI-URE, FI-URE"! DH woke up and said, "What are you yelling about"? Through slurred words I said, "FIRE"!!! He said, and I quote, "Go back to sleep" and he turned over!!!!!

Hahahahahaha. Never even bothered to check to see if in fact there was a FIRE!!!!!!!

I don't think I've ever yelled out in my sleep, but I've been told I got into a very heated argument about bananas, and I had absolutely no memory of it!

Yes, DH wakes me up but by then the "monster" has already gotten me and left! Just kidding. It has happened several times and SCARY.

Blog Entries
    More than once, but only one time was it so bad I scared my DBF half to death!

I do sometimes, but DH gets back at me. He will wake me up out of a sound sleep by asking me some question, and he is still asleep. The one I remember is , "Are these covers ours?"

I have a couple of times and it is quite scary and hard to settle back down to sleep...never did figure out what I was yelling/screaming out about or why.

My husband say I yell in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by coloradosky
    Yes, DH wakes me up but by then the "monster" has already gotten me and left! Just kidding. It has happened several times and SCARY.
    I love your avatar picture! Do you have a bigger picture of it?
    Hugs
    April

Blog Entries
    I have - weird feeling. Since starting on CPAP therapy I haven't had this happen anymore - with my mask on, even if I did call out hubby wouldn't hear me!

More times then I can count :oops:

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Definitely done this before, and awakened myself with a start. I've also had the weird, and I understand rare, experience of being "awake" ('they' say one isn't really), know there is someone scary/evil/alien/unacceptable in the room but was completely paralyzed and couldn't move or scream. In my case I 'forced' myself to go back to sleep; maybe I thought they wouldn't see me or something. Very weird.

Jan in VA

I used to have night terrors... I would wake up DH and myself screaming... One night I was hysterical and dh came over to me and I realized the "big monster" was him standing by my bed.... that was the last time I had a night terror. They are horrid horrid horrid... never want to have them again.

Once I woke. Up laughing so hard my belly hurt. Couldn't stop for about 10 min. After. All I remember was a dream about my dad.

I remember one time when I woke up yelling something.

Interesting topic...my husband called me from work just last week (HE NEVER DOES) just to tell me I was moaning loudly the night before in my sleep and what the heck is wrong with me? He works a 12-hour intense day, so sleep is important to him. I have no idea what that was about.

Blog Entries
    not screaming, but crying real tears. Grandson(6(has had night terrors since a small baby. It is heartbreaking to see him go through those. HUbby talks, fights, yells all the time( even awake sometimes,LOL). We stopped sleeping in the same bed years ago because of that.He was trying to hold me( a man in his dream) down with a pillow over my face( he swears he was asleep!!)

I have a friend that dreamed someone was walking on her deck. She couldn't understand why her dogs weren't barking so she decided she'd imitate the dogs and bark to scare off the intruder. She barked REALLY loud (according to her husband) and woke instantly. She was turned, face to face within inches of her husband's face. He said he's NEVER had someone in his bed bark at him before!!! ROL

All the time, I wake myself up talking.

Blog Entries
    Probably did at the person I backhanded across the face once and woke up with a very sore hand! It bruised next day. (I was a teen and you know how intense they can be! It was another girl!)

Blog Entries
    I think once! I also slept walked once. Tried to cook!! Woke up when I put glass container on hot stove! Could of burned down house! Meds I think!!

Not quite the same thing, but one time we got a call in the middle of the night from the fire chief. The sprinkler system had malfunctioned where he was working and they wanted him to come in and turn off the computers. I answered the phone, woke him up, and he told the fire chief that he was out of town, hung up the phone, and went back to sleep! Now this was before cell phones! I woke him up again (really made sure he was awake this time). He didn't remember the conversation!

Yes, and I scare the heck out of my husband occasionally!!!

My DH says I talk in my sleep and I will actually answer questions in my sleep. Told him he can't hold anything I say against me the next morning because I'm not really there! At least I stopped sleep walking I did that a great deal when I was younger.

yes. i was at my sisters one time, we were sharing a bed. she said i started howling. my 13 yo son came running in the bedroom hollering for me to get my gun, that someone was outside. he didn't believe us when we told him it was me. we had a good laugh over that one.

I hit my husband in the face one time I was dreaming he was my sister and we used fight all the time

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast