Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fabric Yelled at me Now what????

I was getting some fabric at my local quilt store when I was flipping through the fat quaters..... :oops: :oops: Cant help myself
    When this yellow and oranage fabric jumped out and yelled at me....then I found a orange that would match it then placed it down with what i had picked out and it went awesome with a blue I was getting and OMGAWD the baltik I have been eyeing went great the blue is the same blue and the green went great with the yellow ............
    OK major problem I dont have a project to use it on..... HELP
    Sorry the quality os bad its my phone camera which is very outdated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can hear them calling!

Great fabrics!

MsSage wrote: Cant help myself...
    When this yellow and oranage fabric jumped out and yelled at me....then I found a orange that would match it then placed it down with what i had picked out and it went awesome with a blue I was getting and OMGAWD the baltik I have been eyeing went great the blue is the same blue and the green went great with the yellow ............

LOL!!! you must shop at the same fabric store i do, bc that is exactly what happens to me! I will get all these home and tie in a bundle waiting for the PERFECT pattern. they will all be so awesome, but it is hard to match to a pattern this way. I have a lot of bundles i tell you :wink:
    ...sorry i can't help with a pattern, but i do, LOL...commiserate! ...but ain't it fun? I get purely dizzy! C

MsSage wrote: Cant help myself...

LOL!!! you must shop at the same fabric store i do, bc that is exactly what happens to me! I will get all these home and tie in a bundle waiting for the PERFECT pattern. they will all be so awesome, but it is hard to match to a pattern this way. I have a lot of bundles i tell you :wink:
    ...sorry i can't help with a pattern, but i do, LOL...commiserate! ...but ain't it fun? I get purely dizzy! C

Love yellows, oranges and blue together. I am sure you will think of something. I have 6 different yards of a moda line that I am trying to figure out what to make. It is hard!

Maybe these fabrics just need to "age" a little before they tell you what they want to be. In the meantime, a little fabric stroking and petting never hurt anything :wink: :wink:

These colors are SOOOOO NOT Me.
    They keep telling me to look for the pattern.......I guess they know I will put them in my fabric bag and look at them once in a blue moon LOL
    I only have a 1/2 yard of each right now but with the perfect pattern I can get more for a little bit....she runs out of some fabric pretty fast.

Blog Entries
    very nice fabric MsSage.
    You will here it call you
    when it's time.
    In the mean time
    oogle it.

Banned
    tell it that it must be patient...some fabrics wait years to be born into quilts :)

So what's the problem? LOL

Rail Fence!!!?
    K

Yell back......:-)

you are not alone! Fabric calls to me ALL the time!!! I'm hear at work and I swear I just heard a little "buy me after work" from the quilt shop down the street from the office...

I've seen a pattern for some geometric shapes- this tells me distinct squares, with some borders. I have a pattern called polka party. I bought it at Endless Mountain Quiltworks in Tunkannock PA. I also bought some wild prints that lend itself to this pattern. It calls fro 2 colors, but you can easily adapt it to multiple colors.

Should (maybe) be skipping out early today, they are calling for lots of snow so I'll go home and get it out and post a pic of my wild fabric and the pattern.

Also, I can think of another one- I don't know the name of either. I'll see if I can find that one too.

Barb

Blog Entries
    It won't matter about the aging....the perfect answer will show up at the right time. :wink: Its really pretty fabric though...when you have to be really careful is when it reaches out and grabs you when you are walking by...has happened to me...I swear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MsSage
    I was getting some fabric at my local quilt store when I was flipping through the fat quaters..... :oops: :oops: Cant help myself
    Sorry the quality os bad its my phone camera which is very outdated.
    It sounds like you want to use this combination of fabrics up before they quit calling to you. My suggestion would be to go back to the quilt store and ask the gal to show you any of the patterns they have that can be used with four colors, or those that can be adapted to fit to four colors. Depending on what style of pattern you like, your options are endless as to the various patterns you can choose. Do you like stars? You can make a block that only uses two of the colors, then make a bunch of blocks with each of the colors in them. You can also design stars with all four colors, or three with one being a repeat in all of them. Once you put them all together they will blend nicely. Or you can go with something like an Irish Chain or a modified Log Cabin block.

Or you can go to the Forum section Block of the Month and browse through the various blocks offered there. I think there are quite a few blocks that would work with your fabrics. And the nice part is that they all come with instructions. :thumbup: If you find a block you like, my suggestion would be to go back and pick up more of whichever fabrics you will need the most of. It's horrible to get almost all the way through a quilt and run out of fabric before the end! :cry:

Good luck and let us know what you decide. Those are some pretty fabrics.
    Piece ~ Tiffany

Banned
    Awesome fabs... I'm sure whatever you make with them will be perfect.... Can't wait to see

I see the beginning of a bargello placemat set, or a table runner. Those colours would sure get me sparked up over my morning coffee!

Blog Entries
    OOOOOhhhhhh! Those are beautiful and I LOVE the brightness.

I think a bargello anything would be awesome.

If you get tired of the shouting, I would love to have them... :D

Oh! I absoulutely love bargello style quilts, though you may want to go out and choose a few more fabrics to add to the grouping if you consider that type of pattern. Still, a bargello would be striking and buying extra fabric is always a good thing. :wink:
    Piece ~ Tiffany

Look at Fatty, Fatty 2 X 4. I think it is a thimbleberries. It would be eye popping with your fabrics.
    Connie

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    i have a great small bargello (sp?) that I could email to you if you want...

What do yall think of this.... The yellow & orange & solid oragne for one block and the green baltic & blue as another in a snailtrail???
    http://quilting.about.com/od/quiltpa...lt-Pattern.htm

I wish I had the program you can see what your colors would look like in a pattern :?
    The quilt store doesnt have a lot of patterns its a small shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast