Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you suffer from 'pursue points? >

do you suffer from 'pursue points?

do you suffer from 'pursue points?

Old 04-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Jan, do you love Google Chrome? I just read an article on XP and Windows 8. no more updates, and viruses being able to get into my computer easier, etc. , etc. firefox or Chrome were options for other browsers than IE. sigh. I am not computer literate!
I have XP and finding that I am slowly having to give up Internet Explorer 8 because it wasn't working on Ebay and other sites. I am using Firefox. Not hard to make the change. I did alter it so NOT to trace me but I prefer to block any cookies I don't want and I can't seem to find out if I can do it. I like it on QB because it will automatically check my spelling. No more Copy & Paste for me thank goodness.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I use firefox, chrome and IE (at the same time) and have never had this program install. I have had others though, that are sneaky. Stay away from download.com and cnet.com. They secretly install this kind of crapware any time you download a legitimate program.

I only use IE for facebook because I was having trouble with it on firefox. I hate IE with a passion and won't use it for anything else. Even if there's a link on facebook I will copy the link and use firefox to open it.

Hmmm, I've used cnet.com for my downloads for years and never noticed any "cling ons"... can you be more specific like giving me some names to search for to see if they did inadvertently get on my computer?
Old 04-05-2014, 04:52 PM

Don't like IE and hate all things Google-related. Use Firefox along with Avast anti-virus and am one happy camper. Never a problem.
Old 04-06-2014, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
Hmmm, I've used cnet.com for my downloads for years and never noticed any "cling ons"... can you be more specific like giving me some names to search for to see if they did inadvertently get on my computer?
I'm not sure of any names-I haven't downloaded from cnet since I got this computer. Here's an article I read last summer that might give some clues and if you google cnet crapware there are other similar articles.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/avoi...-com-crapware/
Old 04-06-2014, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by gale View Post
I'm not sure of any names-I haven't downloaded from cnet since I got this computer. Here's an article I read last summer that might give some clues and if you google cnet crapware there are other similar articles.

http://www.groovypost.com/howto/avoi...-com-crapware/
Thanks for taking the time to give me more info... kind of scarey isn't it... and who knows what I have on my computer that I don't know about!
Old 04-06-2014, 03:53 PM

Yes, scary and infuriating. Bad enough they spam our email boxes but they have to sneak this stuff on too.