Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
do you watch Barefoot Contessa cooking show? >

do you watch Barefoot Contessa cooking show?

do you watch Barefoot Contessa cooking show?

Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM
Power Poster

No but I bet my husband does. He loves those shows and always says I'm going over to -----house for dinner tonight.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 AM

LOVE Ina Garten. I think she is such a classy lady. Paula's recipes remind me of things those of us that are part of the "ahem" 55+ crowd grew up with - but I can't stand watching here. Bobby Flay and Guy Fieri always make me smile! Can you imagine what a fun party it would be to have Bobby Flay man the grill, Ina bring soup, salad and bread, Guy pouring drinks and making some great side dishes and Paula sending over a delicious dessert. Who wants to join us? :))
Old 01-16-2011, 02:26 AM

I love the cooking channel and the guys that make tools to create their food. I just love to watch what they will come up with next! I love Rachael Ray I learned to cook from her. That just do it attitude I do not watch her talk show not my thing but I do love her!
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM

I vote for "Ina". She does have class, I may be naive but I like the chemistry between her and her husband. I like to watch the drive around East Hamtpton and the neat stores, etc where she shops. My daughter's goal when she retires is to live a year in Paris, so I bought her Ina's Barefoot in Paris cookbook.

I made her bruschetta recipe for Christmas.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Dee

Alton Brown. Paula Deen with you all every other word drives me nuts, otherwise I would watch her. I like Guy. He is a hoot.
Old 01-16-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
I think she is really a great chef but the butter she uses my goodness would make my heart pitty pat? Who is your favorite cook on tv? do you ever try their recipes? Buy their cookbooks?
I like her also...Raychel Ray too!!
Old 01-19-2011, 01:13 PM

Airwick, you have some of my own thoughts on some of these
programs.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by SoozeeDoozee
Lively discussion here :)
I have liked Ina Garten from Day 1 because of her soft voice. I also like her adorable husband popping in from time to time.
Others I watch on occasion are Nigella Lawson (her books have fun language just like she speaks, ie, soundly beating a pork chop), Mike Chiarello (he has a nice voice, relaxed demeanor, down to earth), and Julia Child reruns crack me up. Some others I quit watching when every time they bend over a mixing bowl something is about to fall in it.... if you know what I mean. Just not interested in a cooking show being sexed up.
I love the Julia Child reruns. My husband and I will sit here and watch it and crack up laughing. She reminds me so much of how my late mother in law cooked to a T. Unreal how far the cooking shows have come from the Julia Child days. And at the end of the show it says POLAROID. I also loved to watch The Galloping Gourmet, he used to be on just before or just after Julia Childs, but they took him off. I loved to listen to his stories.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Mr. Food---down to earth, easy stuff, 5 minute recipes. And yes, I've tried several of them. He's on the last few minutes of our noon news.
I don't watch those 1/2 hour shows.
...not the same Mr. Food out of the Eau Claire, WI network is it?

Contessa's got nothing on Paula Deen for butter useage! lol.

I'll watch Iron Chef America...espessily if Morimoto's on. I love his old school meets new school style of Japanese cooking. I'd love to go to one of his restaraunts someday! Used to watch the original Japanese Iron Chef, but my friends moved and when we got cable we found we don't get FLN without having to pay extra.

I really like Good Eats. Alton's recipes are awesome! Plus, I kind of like that nerdy, informational aspect of it, too. If you ever want to make Thanksgiving turkey in under three hours and have the most moist turkey ever, look him up for that.

Anything Guy Fieri's on. He's just really cool. He inspired me to make my own recipe of japapeno poppers while watching one of his shows...Guy's Big Bite, I think.