Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does any one know about Shingles? >

Does any one know about Shingles?

Does any one know about Shingles?

Old 07-05-2011, 06:20 PM

not wanting to take a chance, I got the shot,, hope I never get them....my Mother had the 2 times, and was very much in pain.......
Old 07-05-2011, 06:22 PM

I had them when I was 17..... no pain with mine, but was annoyed with the oozing blisters. I found bathing in epsom salts relieved itch, sting, and even the blisters!
Old 07-05-2011, 07:02 PM
ns

I have had shingles three times. Their is medicine you can take, and cream for your eye. I have had them twice on the eye and face and on my arm which has caused some nerve damage. Do not itch them, or rub them, as they can spread. I was told that once you have had shingles that the vaccine will not prevent you from getting them, it will make it so you do not get as many. What you need is rest and to relax. They are caused by someone having chicken pox, and also stress. See your Doctor asap.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:51 PM

I had shingles in my eyelid...over to my ear and up in to
my head....well you know how painful it is!!!
I got the vaccine after having the shingles....my Dr.
researched it & said it would probably prevent me getting
them again..or if I did get them it would be a light case of
them.......Sure hope she's right...don't want them again.

Peg
Old 07-05-2011, 08:38 PM

I have them in the nerve in front of my left ear. When it flares, it goes up over my upper face, and has involved my eyelids once. Doctor gives me meds (acyclovir, pain med?) I can't remember for sure. Pain has become my constant friend. I have had 2 outbreaks and because I am too young, they won't consider the vaccine.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:40 PM

Unfortunately, Yes, I have had shingles. They never seem to go away 100%, but I got relief from using the colloidal silver. It reduced my pain about 90%, and relieved the itching too. I still use it because the nerve it affected flares up when I am under stress. It is a virus, and the colloidal silver kills the virus. However, it is sneaky and hides inside your spine (I was told by my doctor) and can flare up under stress. I am so sorry for anyone who has shingles. Mine were not as bad as some, but bad enough. My sister has small flare-ups AFTER she had the shot.... we both had a really big case of chicken pox at the same time when we were kids.
Suggestion: google "colloidal silver" and read up on it. I have been using it for three years, and bought one of the generators to save money. It isn't for everyone, but I swear by it.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:52 PM

Cobroxin Oral Spray will help because it is a neurotoxin. It takes about a week to build up in your system, but really works.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:59 AM

i stopped at the drug store today. big sign up "shingles vaccine today!" so i asked the pharmacist about it. what's in it, and how much does it cost? @200.00 dollars american. some insurance will cover it, others will not. just to give you a heads up.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:12 AM

We saw MIL & a couple friends suffer thru Shingles, so it was a no brainer....DH & I got the vaccine from our Dr.He said he got it himself & highly recommended it.
One friend had them in his ear & it took mos to get rid of it.A lady we know couldn't stand clothing.We heard about one guy who had them on the soles of his feet & was off work for a long time.
I agree with our Dr....get the vaccine!
Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 AM

Hi there:
I did have the shot about six years ago and about eight months ago I did get the shingles, however, it was a very mild case, thank the Lord. They lasted about two months. I had them mainly on my right arm so I was very lucky, not to much pain. I am guessing that the shot minimized the degree of them for me.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some relief real soon.

Take care.

sandy14