Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone have their colors done anymore? >

Does anyone have their colors done anymore?

Does anyone have their colors done anymore?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:35 PM

It was done at Mary Kay parties years ago. I am not sure if they do it any more. I bought a bag of scrap fabric at an estate sale and when I got home I noticed that it was a Mary Kay bag and the fabrics all had spring, summer, fall and winter and then I found the color code cards. Not really sure what to do with it.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:39 PM

not a clue about this.......doesn't mary kay drive a pink cadillac?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:06 PM

I'm a spring & love bright colors. Maybe that's why I enjoy making kid's quilts & always head for the bright & cheery fabric first!!
Old 05-31-2010, 02:37 AM

yes! I'm a winter and love the rich colors. I look washed out in pastels and "yellow" in fall colors, although I love them. Funny thing is, when my hair color was natural black I could wear some pastels but now that it's silver I can't pull it off.

"Color Me Beautiful" is the book by Carole Jackson. I also have the one for make up and the one for men. I just checked and they are still on amazon, but you may be able to borrow them from the library or order them from a bookstore. If you check on amazon you can "look inside" the book.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
yes! I'm a winter and love the rich colors. I look washed out in pastels and "yellow" in fall colors, although I love them. Funny thing is, when my hair color was natural black I could wear some pastels but now that it's silver I can't pull it off.

"Color Me Beautiful" is the book by Carole Jackson. I also have the one for make up and the one for men. I just checked and they are still on amazon, but you may be able to borrow them from the library or order them from a bookstore. If you check on amazon you can "look inside" the book.
Of course this is just my opinion but with your silver hair I would think you would look great in RICH colors----red, burgandy, royal blue, deep purple, emerald to forest green. Rich colors to go with the richness of the silver.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:43 PM

MK said I was a Fall but I can pull of a Winter also.