Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Know How Many

Was just wondering if anyone knows how many quilt books/magazines they really have. I have two+ bookshelves full but have never counted them all and always adding new ones?? Thought this would be interesting??

Blog Entries
    I'm scared to even think about how many I have! :shock:

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    I have probably 20 mags at the most. I got rid of about 10 years of mags a couple of years ago. You don't realize how they add up until you're over-run with them :)

Blog Entries
    At this point, not too many. I've been selling them! :D
    There are two, possibly three that I will keep - the absolute two keepers are Kaffee Fassett books. Pure eye candy!

I only keep 2 shelves of quilt books. It's like my closet - if something new is added, something must go.

Blog Entries
    oh i am in the wrong class here!! i have trouble throwing them out or whatever. my tastes have changed over the years of quilting that if i had pulled out the patterns i first wanted and thrown the rest away, i'd have no patterns that i like! i have cut down on the subscriptions i carry. but still have them all!! years worth of about 5 different mags. i have gone back and used some i have marked. some i still want to do before i die--my bucket list.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystyna
    At this point, not too many. I've been selling them! :D
    There are two, possibly three that I will keep - the absolute two keepers are Kaffee Fassett books. Pure eye candy!
    Oh!! yes from your shelve to mine, love them!!!

Banned
    as many as the grains of sand on the beach or stars in the sky

I'm with Holice on this one...lol!

I find my stuff on the internet I may have 20-25 books only cause my mom just got me about 10 for free at a garage sale.

Blog Entries
    I have less than 20. I do check books out of the library but don't really own that many.

I think in magazines alone I may have around 200.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    I think in magazines alone I may have around 200.
    I'm right up there with you. I have my Mom's from the 60's & 70's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald46
    I'm with Holice on this one...lol!
    ME,TOO!!!!!

Blog Entries
    way to go Holice

Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    as many as the grains of sand on the beach or stars in the sky

Awhile ago, I thought it would be nice to have my quilting books in one room[except for those I happen to be looking at] on shelves. I shelved them in a-b-c order. Counted as I shelved. Used to say I had over 300;but, as I shelved and counted it was 700, and then ran out of shelves. I still have several on a very tall stack to add. I love books; it is pure enjoyment for me. I love to pull them out, look again at the beautiful quilts, read the articles, history, enjoy the vintage prints of the fabrics. Just everything in paper.
    Now that doesn't include my mags.I have hundreds of them also. I enjoy searching for collections; premieres, and volumns.1ST EDITIONS, ECT...
    I never rip out pages or toss. Always hopeing I can locate that pattern you might be searching for.
    I think I was supposed to be a library in another life! ha, ha
    I am trying to locate earlier editions of quilters newsletter from 1969 and early 1970s. Can anyone help?

I take the fifth....I don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsjunque
    Awhile ago, I thought it would be nice to have my quilting books in one room[except for those I happen to be looking at] on shelves. I shelved them in a-b-c order. Counted as I shelved. Used to say I had over 300;but, as I shelved and counted it was 700, and then ran out of shelves. I still have several on a very tall stack to add. I love books; it is pure enjoyment for me. I love to pull them out, look again at the beautiful quilts, read the articles, history, enjoy the vintage prints of the fabrics. Just everything in paper.
    Now that doesn't include my mags.I have hundreds of them also. I enjoy searching for collections; premieres, and volumns.1ST EDITIONS, ECT...
    I never rip out pages or toss. Always hopeing I can locate that pattern you might be searching for.
    I think I was supposed to be a library in another life! ha, ha
    I am trying to locate earlier editions of quilters newsletter from 1969 and early 1970s. Can anyone help?

Oh I NEVER tear out pages, write in them and have a fit if anyone else does. I copy my pattern and don't work from the original as I don't like to mess up my books.

acute a few I know I have.

Blog Entries
    TOO MANY!!!!! Want some!!!??? :D :D

Too MANY...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    at the moment, 239, BUT I am thinning rapidly....many great classics and OOP books will soon hit the "to go" bins!

I have 126 books. I know because whenever I get a new book I put it on my purchased list on Amazon so that my family will know what I have and not buy me repeats. About a third of them are about quilt history. History of any form has always fascinated me.
    I have 20 magazines that I will be keeping. There is about twice that many mags that I still need to go through and copy patterns I am interested in and put them in notebooks. I keep the magazines intact and pass them on. I have three 3" notebooks of patterns that I have decided to keep.
    I have an amazon wish list of 391 books. Periodically I go through it and edit.

To be honest, I don't really want to know--now I buy very few quilt magazines because the ideas seem to be recycled from earlier issues. But, books take up quite a bit of shelf space, I do use them for ideas, not just patterns. Regularly, I sort and give away unused items, usually to beginning quilters. Finally gave up the first quilting book I ever bought, Trudy Hughes first book, but it went to a daughter so I could borrow it,if need be. piecefully, the old one

Blog Entries
    I don,t know how many I have but they sure look pretty sitting on shelves in my sewing room.
    When I am to tired to do anything else I will pull one out just to look and dream. I will never give up my hardcovers but have parted with some magazines.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast