Does Anyone Know How Many

Old 06-23-2011, 04:18 PM

ummm im not counting my husband should never know lol im sure it would be grounds for divorce somewhere )))
carla
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM

I might have some and am going through stuff for my garage sale.
Originally Posted by jimsjunque
Awhile ago, I thought it would be nice to have my quilting books in one room[except for those I happen to be looking at] on shelves. I shelved them in a-b-c order. Counted as I shelved. Used to say I had over 300;but, as I shelved and counted it was 700, and then ran out of shelves. I still have several on a very tall stack to add. I love books; it is pure enjoyment for me. I love to pull them out, look again at the beautiful quilts, read the articles, history, enjoy the vintage prints of the fabrics. Just everything in paper.
Now that doesn't include my mags.I have hundreds of them also. I enjoy searching for collections; premieres, and volumns.1ST EDITIONS, ECT...
I never rip out pages or toss. Always hopeing I can locate that pattern you might be searching for.
I think I was supposed to be a library in another life! ha, ha
I am trying to locate earlier editions of quilters newsletter from 1969 and early 1970s. Can anyone help?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Enough for an army of quilters!!! I love to look through them, read them, and use them to plan projects.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by OneMoreQuilt
Enough for an army of quilters!!! I love to look through them, read them, and use them to plan projects.
Oh -- I do agree. I have 4 shelves that were at one time in alphabetical order (these are mainly books that I got at used book stores before they realized what they were an doubled the price). I got them for a technique -- or more than one -- 5 or more years ago. Now the only books I buy are for a class.

I have tons of magazines, but am now letting the subscriptions go since I haven't really seen anything to inspire me lately. I tend to learn a technique then interpret it in a different direction. I have EQ and use the internet for my info mainly now.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
as many as the grains of sand on the beach or stars in the sky
Too funny bought a new book yesterday but first one this year!