Does Anyone Know How Many

Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Power Poster

Oh no...I have NO idea! I have them spread all over the house, poked in holes here and there. Of course, I can never find what I am looking for when I need it....let alone find them all to count! LOL!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:02 AM

When i get new quilt mags i read them throughat least twice. Then i seperate them, one pile is probably will do and the other is probably not. If i had to work on all those aptterns i'd be 80 before I could finish.I'll save the mags for any one who llikes quilting.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:22 AM

I copy the pages with the quilts I want to make and give the rest away. I put them in notebooks and have two. I can't stand having all the magazines around if there is only one or two patterns I'll ever use. Of course, I hate clutter but then I might possibly be OCD, LOL.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 AM

Oh, I just love it when I mark one I really want to make and than can't fine the pattern. I also love to read all the stories in them, some are so interesting.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:41 AM

Uh.... I have exactly one. :D It's a basic-skills encyclopedia which also has a few simple patterns. I prefer to work out my own patterns, and the internet is such a valuable resource, that I don't see the need to own any other books.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:58 AM

Do not even bring this subject up, oh, that right you have. Well I am in the process of selling some, when I get up the knowhow and nerve.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:14 AM

nope and don't even want to start to count. Three shelves full and filling up more if I can.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 AM

I have begun cutting back on books and magazines to have more money to spend on what else? - fabric! I play by the 3 rule. That is in order to purchase a new magazine it must have 3 quilts or designs that I really like or it stays on the shelf. I probably have 50 magazines now, cut way back from the 2 shelves worth from a few years ago. All of them have those sticky tabs marking something I want to make. Since I belong to a guild a lot of magazines float through my hands and it was difficult to tell which ones I've already seen. Now when I am given magazines I cut a small corner off the cover before I pass them back so I know what I've seen. When it comes to books I probably have 20 that could be moved out and 30 or so that I will keep always.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:31 AM

I got rid of a ton before I moved and I still have many over at the farm, not moved yet and I do not even want to count anyof them, moved or not, afraid to.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 AM

6 and 5 of them are over 60yrs old the other one is from Jan/1974 But I have several binders of patterns I've copied at the library and the Free ones from WalMart that take up a full yard of book shelves. I did not realize the extent of these til I started packing my sewing room to move My brother says between fabric and patterns if I made 1 quilt a wk from a diff pattern I should be done with all by 2056 I quess he thinks I'll make it to my 100th B-day But I keep adding to both collections. I found a T-shirt that says'' God put me here to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I will never die''. I plan on making a quilted wall hanging out of it for my new sewing room. :) Motivation