Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum? >

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Does anyone own a Dyson Vacuum?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM

I bought one this year and I too think it is fabulous. I thought my place was vacuumed as best I could do it with the old one, and it took ages on two rugs in particular. The Dyson picked up so much more and the place doesn't smell dusty after I have used it. Best purchase i made and I don't have pets either.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:25 AM

Gee I thought the Dyson was the one with the ball... duh!
Big Lots has the Dyson ball sweepers. I don't own one yet, but our dirt devils are great with dog hair!
I have just been able to sweep since last August due to my surgeries taking a year to heal.
Hmmmmm, with this next upcoming surgery.. maybe I should get my hubby a new sweeper!! :P
Old 03-23-2011, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by SherryLea
I Love my Dyson, I wish I could afford to buy the one with the ball looks like it is easier to handle. I would also like to have the new canaster one.
I have the one with the ball and it is fabulous.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 AM

I've had mine since 2002 and it still works just as good as it did the first day. Mine is the one for pets, love it.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:36 AM

absolutely LOVE it.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

I LOVE MY DYSON!!! and i had 2 dogs...still have 1 cat; works great for pet hair and the un=ruly threads in my sewing room
Old 03-23-2011, 06:51 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE. have owned several expensive machines, oreck, filter queen, tristar. LOVE my dyson. no bags, great suction any clogs i can easily get to. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. got animals u NEED the animal =0)
Old 03-23-2011, 07:03 AM

I also have a Yellow Lab and a *Dyson* along with a messy parrot and a cat. Take anything from me, but do not take my Dyson. It doesn't clog or lose suction... and all I have to do is push the release and take the whole canister outside over the trash can and push the button...the bottom opens up and the whole hairy, feathery mess drops out and I'm ready to go again.... Love my Dyson. Best vacuum I've ever had.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by SuzyQ
I have hardwood floors and a mastiff that sheds enough to re-fur a medium sized dog (LOL) so I just use a swiffer (don't even own a vacuum) but I have thought of getting a vacuum. How would a Dyson do on hardwood floors?

Susan
Love Love Love my Dyson for my hardwoods and my carpets!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

We have 2 Labs 1 Cat and the big and hairy Collie boy.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 AM

I have the purple one made for animal hair and I really love it! I had a really hairy Maine Coon cat and a springer spaniel, and the hair would wrap around the beater bar and eventually, the beater bar would stop turning. The beater bar cover has 2 little plastic screws that you can remove and the beater bar comes loose enough to cut the hair off easily. I have laminate floors, area rugs and some carpet, and it has a setting for each and works well. The special upholstery attachments really get the cat and dog hair off of anything, even if the hose is a little awkward. And not having to mess with vacuum bags is wonderful. I had a Miele before this that I thought was great, but the Dyson runs circles around it. You'll be amazed at how much grit and dirt it picks up from your carpets the first few times you use it, and then you realize how much cleaning your old vacuum was not doing!