Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for thier phone service >

Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for thier phone service

Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for thier phone service

Old 11-12-2013, 10:20 PM

Default Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for thier phone service

Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for their phone service? My contract with Tmobile will be up next month, my son is getting his own phone service, finally yay, so I want the cheapest service I can find since I am no longer working. This company is very reasonable but almost sounds too good to be true. Any info would be most appreciated. Thank you and God bless.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:18 PM

I havent used them. I have seen their commercials though. I know there is a program that if you get food stamps or medcaid you may be eligible for a free phone with 250 minutes and 250 texts free every month. Just google it.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by moooommmmy View Post
Does anyone use Consumer Cellular for their phone service? My contract with Tmobile will be up next month, my son is getting his own phone service, finally yay, so I want the cheapest service I can find since I am no longer working. This company is very reasonable but almost sounds too good to be true. Any info would be most appreciated. Thank you and God bless.
My husband traded in his Verizon phone ($150+/month) for a Consumer Cellular phone ($21/month). He was very impressed with the service he received while getting it set up and really likes his phone. He never used most of the services on his old phone, all he wanted was to be able to send and receive calls. They have a good selection of phones. He has been on this plan for more than 6 months and has never had a problem.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:38 AM

I have used Consumer Cellular for about 2 years and I'm very happy with it. I am not "tethered" to my cell phone like so many seem to be. I also don't have a Smart Phone, just a basic phone (as I'm a senior blonde) to make & receive calls. They have a wide variety of phones and plans. Mine is about $20/month and I've never had a problem with dropped or missed calls, phone malfunctions, or difficulty using the features.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:07 AM
Power Poster

I have thought of getting the phone service from Walmart. I have oldest Granddaughter on our plan. She pays for her part of the services she gets. I got her plans years ago and for better/more services than offered now. My phone is usually turned off, can't get a signal all the time. I'm usually by a land line and prefer to get calls there. My Husband uses his for business calls when he is making sales calls.
I have seen the ads for consumer cellular and wondered how they would be on signal.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:50 AM

I have seen the ads and just did a search for consumer cellular reviews and WOW, go see for yourself and decide from there.
I will stay with my small local company.
Old 11-13-2013, 11:26 AM

We've had Consumer Cellular for years and think it is great. We have a basic phone we share as we don't use it that much. They have actually gotten better over the years. They've given us more minutes per month without our asking and no increase in price and I noticed now you can get a new phone without an activation fee as before. Also if you want to switch and you have a Verizon phone(or one other I can't remember) you can just get their "simm" card to get their service. check out their website and now you can signup through some stores (Sears is one).
You get a discount if you belong to AARP.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

They are too high priced, I have TracFone. You can have a monthly allotment but I like the pay as you go. I got a flip phone with pretty good buttons for $14.95. Minutes are double on this phone so if I get a 60 minute card for under $20.00, that ends up being 120 minutes good for 90 days. The other neat thing is any minutes as long as you don't expire on your days,minutes and days can be rolled over. You can get a 120 minute cared which is then 240 minutes for under $30.00. That averages out $10.00 a month. Text are charges as a 1/3 of a minute. I have had this phone for three years now and I LOVE IT!! PM me if you have any questions.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:24 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

I've been so curious about this company, but they apparently use the AT&T system (lines) and I find that Verizon is better in my area....or was in the past, about 3 years ago. I'm almost afraid to try them in case I don't have good reception, have dropped calls, etc., as I did frequently when on AT&T. And advice?

Jan in VA
Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 PM

Thanks for your replies, i also do not use the phone alot, right now we have 700 minutes per month and between 3 of us we only use @ the most about 200,and I am paying $75 ( was more but got a government worker discount ) but it still alot considering all I really do is text, so we don't need too many and I like that consumer cellular lets you pick according to your needs. I have one month left so I have time to decide I also like the no contract , my son who is getting his own line is thinking of switching over too, cause he can get more "data" for less price. Thanks again all for reading this and in the process I hope others may have been helped too. God bless