Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Does your blood pressure go up when.... >

Does your blood pressure go up when....

Does your blood pressure go up when....

Old 09-18-2010, 06:14 AM

YIP YIP YIP!!!
Now mine: Came up to a tow truck with a motor home (MH) on his trailer. It HAD to be a heavy load....we came up to a hill, he naturally slowed down. I did too, no problem. BUT, the guy hauling a load of hay waaaaaaaay behind us was barreling along, coming closer and closer and closer. Thank GOD there was a wide shoulder that was paved...I ended up pulling over to it!!!!!! The Hay guy darned near rear ended the MH hauler. All the time I was watching him in my rear view mirror -- Hay guy was ON THE PHONE!!!!! It's illegal here....and I had my testimony to the court all ready. He barely missed rear ending the MH hauler. His trailer swerved and darn near got ME!!!! I was so mad I almost went into road rage. Had I not had an appointment to get to I'd have followed hay hauler and given him a tongue lashing!!!!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:31 AM
JJs
Banned

Here it's log trucks - do anything with impunity... tailgate - you haven't been tailgated until it's by a HUGE OVERLOADED Log truck going 55 MPH and you KNOW there's no way the driver can stop that thing. They tailgate so close that you're scared to slow down and pull off the road to let them pass!
They have no insurance, some have no driver's license, some have no plates, most trucks look like they wouldn't pass ANY kind of inspection...

I asked a local sheriff's deputy what the deal is that they NEVER stop these truckers and he said that the DOT has let it be known that they are NOT to "hassle" the loggers.....

Talk about the good ole boy network - the land is owned by the big shots, and they carry a lot of weight in Montgomery with $$$$ so 'back off'....

scary out there..
Old 09-18-2010, 06:38 AM

People drive like morons for the most part. I don't let it bother me though.

I have instituted a policy of honking and waving to any body that passes me on snow packed and icy roads that further along ends up in the ditch. I would honk and wave at the ones that get stopped by the cops but I don't want to distract the cop.
Old 09-18-2010, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen
People drive like morons for the most part. I don't let it bother me though.

I have instituted a policy of honking and waving to any body that passes me on snow packed and icy roads that further along ends up in the ditch. I would honk and wave at the ones that get stopped by the cops but I don't want to distract the cop.
OH! Your post reminded me of another idiot. We were on the mountain pass....packed snow, going 35 mph pulling a utility trailer. Chains required. An idiot with no chains passed us!!! Then he skidded out in front of us and fortunately for him, a pull-off was right there...he ended up with the tail end of his car in the snow bank. If there hadn't been a pull-off, he'd have ended up down a mountain. We went on ahead, could see they were okay, and LO and BEHOLD, they passed us AGAIN!!!! DH pulled back, slowed down to 20 mph, and let them kill themselves where we didn't have to see them. :twisted:
Old 09-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Power Poster

There are many crazy drivers out there... defensive driving is a MUST :twisted:
Old 09-18-2010, 06:34 PM

I say the Amish have it right....good old horse and buggy!!!

An d things are only getting worse. Remember when we used to be so careful so as not to ding anyones car when we parked next to them? Nobody cares anymore...especially the kids. Like....what's the big deal dude??? UUUGGG
Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JJs
Here it's log trucks - do anything with impunity... tailgate - you haven't been tailgated until it's by a HUGE OVERLOADED Log truck going 55 MPH and you KNOW there's no way the driver can stop that thing. They tailgate so close that you're scared to slow down and pull off the road to let them pass!
They have no insurance, some have no driver's license, some have no plates, most trucks look like they wouldn't pass ANY kind of inspection...

I asked a local sheriff's deputy what the deal is that they NEVER stop these truckers and he said that the DOT has let it be known that they are NOT to "hassle" the loggers.....

Talk about the good ole boy network - the land is owned by the big shots, and they carry a lot of weight in Montgomery with $$$$ so 'back off'....

scary out there..
Call I.C.E

Or how about the state troopers?
Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Power Poster

Since I retired DH drives us most everywhere..I do drive around a little bit here in our teeny tiny town, but I'm generally not in any hurry..so I poke along. Sorry ya'll... I have to say though, ever since I've been reading about people pulling guns out and shooting folks for road rage...I don't let DH shake his fist at people or honk.. Thats dangerous too!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:58 PM

That seems to be a normal driving day anymore! :|
Old 09-18-2010, 08:28 PM

And you realize of course, that those morons sincerely believe that they are GOOD drivers, and we who fear for our lives on today's roads are the ones who should not be allowed near a set of car keys.